Today's Fancy

I try and get a look at Irish Racing cards every day there is one to keep up with the form. I'm increasingly interested in 2yo maidens, and in particular the breeding side of things. I find it can give you a great start into breaking a race down to the main contenders and/or possible value.

My angle of getting into races is following one or two yards religiously and work out form of other horses based on the rating's i believe they've raced against, improvement to be expected etc. This year i'm having more success than previously. Hopefully it's down to experience and not just a good season, or start to the season.

The early birds have eaten all the juicy worms but the word is that Acer Diamonds in the 2.00 Newbury is a bit of a machine and a very talented two year old and the yard have lofty hopes for it.

13's on Betfair..will it beat Hannons??

They are very very keen on it. They're talking Group races already with it.

I'm not one to listen to stable info but they aren't a yard to talk one up for the sake of it and they know the time of day with their horses and they're certainly not a punting yard.

I'd rather be on a talking horse of Julia Feildens EW at double figures than one of Hannon's at 7/4.

They are very very keen on it. They're talking Group races already with it.

I'm not one to listen to stable info but they aren't a yard to talk one up for the sake of it and they know the time of day with their horses and they're certainly not a punting yard.

I'd rather be on a talking horse of Julia Feildens EW at double figures than one of Hannon's at 7/4.

Good enough for me, cheers GS;)

From a time perspective, I'm fond of cards like the one last September at Newmarket devoted to two-year-olds only. The division of the mile maiden for fillies won by Beatrice Aurore was run in a good time. Winners have come out of the race but so far Fortunateencounter (fourth there) and Spade (fifth) have disappointed. As a result they're both on very good marks in the 5.10 at Nottingham today. There's obviously a bit of a leap of faith involved but they're both double figures on Betfair at the moment. I'm having a go, anyway.

El Muqbil (3.25 Nottingham) is also well-in on his two-year-old form and he looked like he might be on the way back last time.

Kuala Limper is one of a handful horses I am going to follow this flat season.He managed to beat the Pretty Polly winner in the depths of winter at Kempton.
I don't know if he is fit or fancied but I do know someone was anxious to push out his price on Betfair this morning for small money.I can't see why Elsworth would bother booking Hannagan if the horse wasn't trying.
With a lot of hard work I have managed to average 13/1 for my money on Betfair.
I am wondering if the horse wins this will he get into the Brittania at Ascot.

17.10 Nottingham - Flying Phoenix 4/1

Filly and stable both in fine form, E/W bet to nothing in my book. Has Ms Topsy Turvy (FAV) to beat. The FAV looked a little unorganised when winning last time and horses that followed her home have done little for the form. I believe the selection will put them to the sword from the front and lead them a merry dance!

Kuala Limper is one of a handful horses I am going to follow this flat season.He managed to beat the Pretty Polly winner in the depths of winter at Kempton.
I don't know if he is fit or fancied but I do know someone was anxious to push out his price on Betfair this morning for small money.I can't see why Elsworth would bother booking Hannagan if the horse wasn't trying.
With a lot of hard work I have managed to average 13/1 for my money on Betfair.
I am wondering if the horse wins this will he get into the Brittania at Ascot.

Cracking stuff Luke, had a small each way bet at 10-1 - very satisfying.

I hope Gearoid and David Johnson managed to have a few quid on-we had a discussion about the horse in the middle of winter.
I was going to put this horse as the first leg in a life changing lucky 15 with Seal Rock and Masterofhounds but for the life of me I couldn't find a 4th horse.

I have backed Jessica Harringtons horse in the first race today at Leopardstown. Supposed to be a very nice individual.

17.10 Nottingham - Flying Phoenix 4/1

Filly and stable both in fine form, E/W bet to nothing in my book. Has Ms Topsy Turvy (FAV) to beat. The FAV looked a little unorganised when winning last time and horses that followed her home have done little for the form. I believe the selection will put them to the sword from the front and lead them a merry dance!

Owned there, result was too bad to be true. Fav ran deplorably too!

Typical, Del gets strong word for Harringtons - I'm told Bolgers filly is a machine, O'briens is backed off the boards and Weld wins the race!! Ground goes against Invincible Ash and that drifts like a barge - leaving them alone for a few weeks and then giving them up altogether...

Back