Today's Fancy

What would you think of his long term prospects David?

Never easy working out how far this type can go, but suspect there could be another handicap in him, including back at 7f. Yard going well at moment though, and that could also be key to his development.

Well done, Luke, that was a great winner to find, and a good shout too from EC1.

OTB, the good days will return.

I hope Gearoid and David Johnson managed to have a few quid on-we had a discussion about the horse in the middle of winter.
I was going to put this horse as the first leg in a life changing lucky 15 with Seal Rock and Masterofhounds but for the life of me I couldn't find a 4th horse.

Well done Luke! Just slapped myself in the face when I realised what horse we were talking about. Got 300 out of the Leopardstown card which I thought was a result but I was so obsessed with Zip Top etc I never saw that Kuala Limper was running.

Two bets for me this afternoon.Place lay of Voodoo Prince at 4/5 and Seal Rock to win at 8/1.When I saw Seal Rock win on Guineas day I thought this race was a natural target for him before something better later in the season.
Off for swim and massage-hopefully coming home to good news.

Since last years Eclipse I have believed that Viscount Nelson would be suited to American racing.He gets his chance in the next at Belmont and the combination of soft ground,blinkers and lasix give him a major chance.

SOHRAAB Salisbury 2.30 ran a cracker in the Dash at Epsom last week, starting from the worst draw (allegedly), stall number one, he finished fourth beaten a neck and two short heads.

He doesn't have a great draw today but Kieran O'Neill who rode him at Epsom is replaced by Ryan Moore who rides the horse for the first time (see the other thread I started!).:)

Last edited:
Right, if no one else is going to mention that I will have 'to blow my own trumpet' and slap my own back.

SOHRAAB, after looking held at one point, won handsomely by 2 3/4 lengths at 9/4.

Well done, Col, good shout, Col, nice spot, Col.......there I feel better now!:o;)

Right, if no one else is going to mention that I will have 'to blow my own trumpet' and slap my own back.

SOHRAAB, after looking held at one point, won handsomely by 2 3/4 lengths at 9/4.

Well done, Col, good shout, Col, nice spot, Col.......there I feel better now!:o;)

Ah CP - that was an obvious one...:rolleyes::lol:

not seen him for a while either..so i googled him..apparently after the Derby ..Carlton House reported Hamm couldn't handle the loss;)

For someone who apparently has him on ignore, you seem to mention Hamm more than the rest of the forum put together - even when he's not around.

I have no "allegiance" to anyone, EC1. Having an "allegiance" would imply I have an interest in personal comments and/or bickering, which is exactly the stuff I can't stand.

Probably best to leave it at that.

I have no "allegiance" to anyone, EC1. Having an "allegiance" would imply I have an interest in personal comments and/or bickering, which is exactly the stuff I can't stand.

Probably best to leave it at that.

but you made a personal comment there..

and by doing so ..told me a lot

if you favour the Hamms of this world..thats your business

if you favour the Hamms of this world..thats your business

Where you got the notion from my last post (or any of my posts for that matter) that I "favour" Hamm or anyone else is beyond me.

This is a racing forum, not a place to score cheap points.

Where you got the notion from my last post (or any of my posts for that matter) that I "favour" Hamm or anyone else is beyond me.

This is a racing forum, not a place to score cheap points.

after all the posts i've read from Hamm in the past..you know the type ..rubbing it when people lose..me mainly..you never once posted to him telling him it wasn't in spirit of the forum..but as soon as i say anything about him you are on me straight away.

its not a cheap point..you gave a "tell"

you aren't on your own..i know the ones who piss in the same pot on here..there's lots of tells

Now now, my love for Hamm is well known but we shouldn't let things like that get in the way of sensible debate. It's easy for things to get misinterpreted in the written form. Everyone's contribution should be respected.....even if they're wrong and I'm right :whistle:

Sir Francis Drake has looked ordinary in his two runs at Ripon.Tactical pace wouldn't be the best.Happy to place lay at 1.75.

Back