Today's Fancy

For someone who apparently has him on ignore, you seem to mention Hamm more than the rest of the forum put together - even when he's not around.

Exactly.

Numerous people have emailed me about EC. I, and they, seem to have little desire to post here while he continues as he does (even though he apparently can't read my posts). See for yourself who posts less these days.

I used to enjoy posting here, would always be up for a vigorous debate, always happy to be wrong and say as much (Big Zeb, H Fly, Sizing Europe)but having some pathetic, pithy guy stalk you is not something I have any interest in. I can handle any amount of arguing or debating when it is about racing. When it is of the kind dished out by EC, it goes completely against what this forum should be about.

not seen him for a while either..so i googled him..apparently after the Derby ..Carlton House reported Hamm couldn't handle the loss;)

I know you're not very clever so read the following slowly - I won a fortune on Pour Moi. I was also delighted with how Carlton House ran - he's top class, and will prove it in the Eclipse.

Frederick Engels-has unremarkable breeding,broke his maiden at 3rd time of asking at Musselburgh.
Serious place lay at 1.88.

I have three horses to follow on the flat-two of them run tomorrow Kuala Limper who I discussed last week and Marksmanship.Will be backing them at 16/1 and 5/1 and a double to pay for a family holiday.
Marksmanship impressed me more then any 3yo in a maiden for a long time-I think only inexperience can beat him.

Estithmaar (Leopardstown 7.05) - 7/4 with Boylesports is more than fair. Was strongly fancied on both his runs this year and Declan McDonagh had to lift him over the line at Cork last time when trying to hold on to him until as late as possible got him boxed in. He works really well at home so a step up on his form is to be expected. I can't understand why they are dropping Creekside back to a mile as he got out paced over 10f last time out. He has to give an improving horse 11lbs over a trip that looks too short and he is 7/4?

Estithmaar looks the strongest bet on any card tomorrow and I can see him being 11/10 at the off.

I have three horses to follow on the flat-two of them run tomorrow Kuala Limper who I discussed last week and Marksmanship.Will be backing them at 16/1 and 5/1 and a double to pay for a family holiday.
Marksmanship impressed me more then any 3yo in a maiden for a long time-I think only inexperience can beat him.

A few things about Marksmanship. I got the impression from Galileo that he is not that high in the pecking order of their 3yo. Notable Graduate and Zagmun have dented the form of at the time what looked one of the hottest maidens run in Ireland this year. Having said that at 5/1 it would be very hard to let him go unbacked . Does anyone have an OR in mind for his debut? I guessed at the time he ran to around 100?

Zanagun came from a mile back that day to snatch third from a horse that forced a decent pace -I said at the time that he wouldn't be much.
What I liked about Marksmanship was there was loads of late money for him and during the race Joseph didn't panic when the leaders got away from him.I think there is a serious engine there.

5/1 with Ladbrokes adds to my doubts. I'd rather back Tazahum at 9/2 who I'm certain is a Group horse and looks to have plenty of improvement in from his win at Sandown.

What about Apache your old favourite Luke starting off I'm handicap company off 99. Oxx's just about held up the form this evening, although only barely got home from a yoke rated below 70.

I like Marksmanship but am concerned that he hasn't been seen since. After the race AOB said he was a group horse and would go for one of the classic trials. He didn't. The following doesn't inspire me either..

Aidan O’Brien, trainer: “He’s had a break since he won his maiden first time out at the Curragh in April and is just ready to start back. We’re hoping he runs well and comes on for the race.”

Now of course you could just take those comments with a large dose of salt, but he'll either drift like a dog on a raft, or be smashed off the boards imo

I'm not having Apache off 99 in that race. Brown Panther would be my pick. He was very impressive at Haydock.

I like Banimpire in the Ribblesdale, if she's in the same form as the other night, she'll take all the beating imo, at 3's i'll pay to find out in what looks a pretty average renewal

I like Marksmanship but am concerned that he hasn't been seen since. After the race AOB said he was a group horse and would go for one of the classic trials. He didn't. The following doesn't inspire me either..

Aidan O’Brien, trainer: “He’s had a break since he won his maiden first time out at the Curragh in April and is just ready to start back. We’re hoping he runs well and comes on for the race.”

Now of course you could just take those comments with a large dose of salt, but he'll either drift like a dog on a raft, or be smashed off the boards imo

I agree with your concerns. Tazahum has no real question marks for me and 9/2 looks a cracking bet.

Back