Today's Fancy

Up early in the mornimg for a price check in the 7.55 Bellewstown. I'll be takimg any 5/1 or above The Firm. The draw is not ideal but I'm expecting him to be held up so it shouldn't inconvifnce him. He's far from the gnod thing Tenth Star looked at Leopardstnwn but he will love the step up in trip and I'm confident he'll run well.

Is there a danger he'll be running to get a decent handicap mark for next time?

I'm not seeing anything in The Firm's performances myself - other than possibly he isn't any worse than the rest of them. Maybe that's what they want me to see.:ninja:

Up early in the mornimg for a price check in the 7.55 Bellewstown. I'll be takimg any 5/1 or above The Firm. The draw is not ideal but I'm expecting him to be held up so it shouldn't inconvifnce him. He's far from the gnod thing Tenth Star looked at Leopardstnwn but he will love the step up in trip and I'm confident he'll run well.

Not to piss on your chips but the McGuiness mafia really like theirs (Beau Amadeus) in that and are backing it accordingly..

Why is Hannon running Chain Lightning today when the John Smiths is next week. What a fucking bellend.

Chain Lightning wouldn't have a prayer of getting in the John Smiths as a 3-y-o with a rating of 91. Wigmore Hall only snuck in last year and was rated 101. The yard do have Cai Shen who looks as if he could get in, whilst Slumber also looks another interesting 3-y-o likely to get in.

Chain Lightning wouldn't have a prayer of getting in the John Smiths as a 3-y-o with a rating of 91. Wigmore Hall only snuck in last year and was rated 101. The yard do have Cai Shen who looks as if he could get in, whilst Slumber also looks another interesting 3-y-o likely to get in.

Fair enough. I'd have thought there were better races for him anyway than a small one today. Goodwood isn't that far away after all.

There's always fucking one....

Looking at his past races I thought he was a slow horse who didn't fully stay 6 furlongs. I had even considered place laying him to pay me for going to the trouble of checking him out, but in the end couldn't be arsed. Well spotted and unlucky.

2.35 Sandown-Toolain

1pt ew @ 10-1 [Hills]

Trainer Roger Varian really making a name for him self,makes you think if he was running the show for a while when Jarvis was at the helm

Looking at his past races I thought he was a slow horse who didn't fully stay 6 furlongs. I had even considered place laying him to pay me for going to the trouble of checking him out, but in the end couldn't be arsed. Well spotted and unlucky.

I follow Kevin Prendergast's string very closely especially 2yos. I thought he had stayed on at the end of both races over 5f. He's a galloper rather than having a turn of foot. The race yesterday was restricted to purchases under 18k so was the obvious race to plot him for.

I have laid SYT at an average of 4/5.I don't think he should be odds on and might consider topping up again if he goes under 1.9.

8pm.
Rosscommon Lenebane Stakes Listed race – John Oxx runners since race upped to 1m4f in 2007.

2007 – No runners

2008 – Raydiya won 10/1 – 0/R 94 Filly owner Aga Khan – Jockey N G McCullagh 4th race as a 3yo – going soft.
Simawa 4th @ 7/1 – O/R 98 Filly owner Aga Khan – Jockey M J Kinane 4th race as a 3yo – going soft.

2009 – Alavain won 11/10 – 0/R 106 Colt owner Aga Khan – Jockey M J Kinane 4th race as a 3yo – going heavy.

2010 – Karasiyra won 4/5 – O/R 99 Filly owner Aga Khan – Jockey N G McCullagh 4th race as a 3yo – going good/firm.

2011 – Hazinya ?? – O/R 97 Filly owner Aga Khan – Jockey N G McCullagh 6th race as a 3yo – going good/firm.
Available at 9/2 and 4/5place betfair – looks a bet for me.

Trainer has had 5 x 3yo+ winners at Roscommon in the last 5years – 3 in this race.

Last edited:
Ryan Moore the subject of a generous 5/6 quote for todays Jockey Challenge with William Hill.

3 runners, Moore, McCoy & R Johnson, 5/6, 7/4 & 9/2 respectively. All afternoon and evening rides included, Moore's rides include a 2/5 & 1/6 shot. 25 points for a winner, 10 for 2nd, 5 for 3rd, fill your boots.

I've had a good bet on Laterly in the first in the 2:05 at Market Rasen. He's done nothing wrong but for a couple of unlucky falls/unseats and will be helped by the amount of rain we've had here in Lincs this morning. He seems to have improved with each run in his latest stint at hurdling and should hopefully go close here at a nice price.

Add to that, Tallahasse, who runs in the 3:40 at Newmarket. Had some good form last year and the Swinbank yard are coming back into a bit of form it seems. A big price at 20/1 and Kieren Fallon is on board.

Back