Today's Fancy

Surely Fol Hollow should be odds on at Catterick today. Miles clear on ratings and trainer has farmed the race in the past. I'm not keen on backing short priced horses, but 11/10 looks a steal.

3.20 Sandown tomorrow, lots of interlocking form in this Listed event, but I particularly liked the way Worthington stayed on, stepped upto 6f last time, up to 7 here on a stiff course might be right up her street. 13/2 with PP looks big enough.

FORMAL DEMAND Sandown 5.00

Spencer has a very good record for Ed Vaughan (8 wins from his last 21 rides in the last couple of seasons).

First run in a handicap for the horse who won a 6f. maiden last time at Southwell.

He won that race nicely enough and the step up to seven should be a positive.

For whatever reason I am not convince by Tenth Star -a decent lay for me at 1.7 in the 625 at Leopardstown.

Well done, Luke. Now that you can't be accused of aftertiming, would you like to say a bit more about why you didn't fancy him?

Well done, Luke. Now that you can't be accused of aftertiming, would you like to say a bit more about why you didn't fancy him?

You could have been against him on the basis of Zip Top flopping badly last Sunday. He won an egg and spoon race LTO. David Livingstone looks to have improved past both.

Grey -I have watched the horse closely on all his runs before today.First time out he didn't get competetive at any stage but ran on late to be an eyecatcher.Second time -APOB thought he was unlucky but for me he was beaten by a superior horse.Third run -visually the race looked horrible to me -his two opponents could hardly raise a gallop-he had the race won after a furlong but it was a horrible race.Three attempts before a race fell into his lap.I see him as more of a nursey or Dundalk type -not a group race performer.
Hamm-believe it or not the winner was my fancy at 14-OTB had a serious hard on for her the last day.Didn't have a penny on but usually with laying I am better at identifying losers then winners.

Grey -I have watched the horse closely on all his runs before today.First time out he didn't get competetive at any stage but ran on late to be an eyecatcher.Second time -APOB thought he was unlucky but for me he was beaten by a superior horse.Third run -visually the race looked horrible to me -his two opponents could hardly raise a gallop-he had the race won after a furlong but it was a horrible race.Three attempts before a race fell into his lap.I see him as more of a nursey or Dundalk type -not a group race performer.
Hamm-believe it or not the winner was my fancy at 14-OTB had a serious hard on for her the last day.Didn't have a penny on but usually with laying I am better at identifying losers then winners.

Fair play to you

6.25 Down Royal
Slim Chance is a lot better than her profile suggests. 10/1 is a big price.

Last edited:
Back