Today's Fancy

Simon de Montfort at 5s today. The only one I mildly am worried about is Class is Class, but look at the raceform comments for Simon de M's Derby trial win last year - you will see very few horses obtain such a comment. Off from then till Dubai when he won well on his comeback, and bounced next time out. Back off a break now, and still a very, very exciting horse.

Has he lost a leg?! 7s now...

Havent been posting often lately and just as well as being having a rough time but am buying it all back tomorrow on Banimpire at 10/11 to beat these statues!!

Really like Remember Alexander to turn over Maybe but Harrington's current form wouldn't inspire confidence.

Lilbourne Lad is slightly overpriced at 9/2 also IMHO.

Decent card tommorrow after that absolute muck today..

I had €700/200 Frederick Engels on Tuesday but a good judge convinced me to take the 10/1 Gatepost (€820/€82) on the basis that he was the morale winner at Royal Ascot and should be much closer in the betting. I am very confident about my 11/5 the two combined tomorrow.

I had €700/200 Frederick Engels on Tuesday but a good judge convinced me to take the 10/1 Gatepost (€820/€82) on the basis that he was the morale winner at Royal Ascot and should be much closer in the betting. I am very confident about my 11/5 the two combined tomorrow.

Nice position G - it's an open looking race!!

Freedom Reigns will run better than her price of 33/1 in the opener.

Last edited:
I've had a bet on Gearoid's favourite horse. Banimpire and Dunboyne should be much closer in the market than 4/5 and 4/1 with the 3 pound penalty.

I was looking to take her on but the rest of the field really didn't look good enough. Surely she has to throw in a poor run sooner or later. Amazing campaign.

Really impressed with that. Lovely turn of foot 2 out. Dunboyne Express to his credit really battled on today. I think 10f is where he needs to stay, which is what I said at the start of the season!

KP's filly ran well too in the first Gearoid - just outside the placings, very impressed with Banimpire (again), big effort to beat the colts.

Really impressed with that. Lovely turn of foot 2 out. Dunboyne Express to his credit really battled on today. I think 10f is where he needs to stay, which is what I said at the start of the season!

Agree. I think that 4/1 was my best bet of the day. No way one horse should have been 5 times the price of the other and the race bore it out.

KP's filly ran well too in the first Gearoid - just outside the placings, very impressed with Banimpire (again), big effort to beat the colts.

Not great placement though was it? They could have had it off in a lesser maiden at a non Grade A track. Great getting 33/1 and all that on a live one but you'd be better off getting 10/3 in a bad race.

There'll be worse races run this year but sure KP has plenty of horses to find races for and she showed she was up to the task (within reason) and could be a useful handicapper in time.

Banimpire put it to bed very quickly and just idled in front... Manning was very easy on her .. 1/1 was huge value on a tough looking day!!! She is my favourite horse of the year by miles and has gotten me out of more trouble than my bail bondsman!!

Last edited:
There'll be worse races run this year but sure KP has plenty of horses to find races for and she showed she was up to the task (within reason) and could be a useful handicapper in time.

She was a crazy price this morning but I knew in my own head that while it was value you are always going to find a couple at tracks like the Curragh. I mean she was a real dirt cheap purchase compared to the winner.

Had a really good bet on the harrington horse in the next, impressed with the run the last day and done a lovely bit of work the other day.

Had a really good bet on the harrington horse in the next, impressed with the run the last day and done a lovely bit of work the other day.

So have I. In a double with Moonlight Cloud, and gatepost to come.

After that, I've had small e/w's on the Oxx horse and AOB second string.

La Collina mugged Power on the line. Great win for the stable but this means one thing - Maybe is a monster!

From the Twiston-Davies website - 9/2 must be worth an e/way.

"Goat Castle runs at Stratford (7.15) this evenng, partnered by Sam Twiston-Davies. Four seconds from the last five runs have proved frustrating but he has been improving all the time and put in an eye-catching piece of work on the gallops at the weekend. With a bit of luck in running he must have every chance of finally losing that maiden tag here - or finishing second again!"

Reckon he has a decent chance, so many 2's next to his name he's starting to look like a goat though!

An outsider that may still have a win in him is Musashi. Dual performer, won on a sharp left handed track before in Plumpton ,so Stratford not the worst track for him, and that run two or three hurdle runs ago at Plumpton he really did dot up. A bit far fetched backing him but at 25's worth a bob e/w. Torran Sound has a decent recent run to his name aswell and he must be a good e/w price at 12's.

Last edited:
I should add that I laugh because we've all been there, Luke, and your record on this forum is superb.

Back