Today's Fancy

Surprised to see Freddie's Girl almost 2 pts bigger than Love You Louis for the 5.05 Kemp on betfair at present. A filly with a cracking attitude and speed to burn, I was surprised by how few chances she's had at 5f. 2 from 3 at the trip and has the plum draw in stall 7 tonight. Love You Louis benefitted from a seriously good Richard Hughes ride last time and I just don't see how Ahern can pull off something similar with the likes of Freddies Girl and Excellent Show on his inner.

2009 - Florarossa 2nd 8/1 & Bay Rebel 6th 100/30

2008 - Dicklers Oscar won 9/4 & Alora Money 7th 28/1

2007 - Hapeney 7th 5/2

2006 - Valentines Lady won 11/2

2005 – no runner

2004 - Northern Shadows 4th 16/1 & Diklers Rose 6th 14/1

2003 – no runner

2002 – Northern Native won 5/2 & Shaluji 5th 33/1 (Mrs Mary Reveley)

2001 – Mrs Mary Reveley was 2nd 5th & 6th @ 8/1 evs & 20/1

2000 – no bumper race

2010??
3:35 – Silver Spirit 20/80 –place 11/8 – 7.8 the win – looks a value bet imo

I give up on the horses :surrender:

You wouldn't have made much money backing all the Reveley runners highlighted above, though, would you?

Good point Rory - I convinced myself they targeted this race and thought a place was an even money shot - but horse was well beaten. I'll stick to other sports for a while at least until the Galway festival where I know I can rely on Dermot Weld. :D

Small place lay double Sure Josie Sure and Cruachain across the
card at Newbury and Taunton.Both are talented but more then capable of blowin out -Josie could go a big price in running and still get placed.

Last edited:
Another nightmare card at Dundalk tomorrow - after the last two skinning Fridays it will take a serious amount of nerve to get involved - interesting maiden to start and I like the look of one in the second last.

Last edited:
I fancy Mam Ratagan tomorrow at Newbury 1:00. Ignoring it's last run obviously, the jockey is in excellent form and the trainer (who I've never heard of) sent out a 14/1 winner last week.

Coup Royale is opposable to me being dropped down so far in trip on only it's second chase run, and 5/2 looks too short. I'm not sure why Darby's Turn is three times the price as the fav as to me on form there's not that much difference between them.

For me it's a wide open little handicap and Mam Ratagan definately worth a bet at 10/1. If he puts his best foot forward this is just the type of handicap chase he could take advantage of and win.

Last edited:
After studying the race for a decent while - I am even further convinced that Home Secretary may be seriously good value at around 14/1 in the 60-90 handicap over 12f at 9:00 Dundalk (Friday 26th November) - hope your tuned in EC1. He will be nine pounds better off with likely fav Denny Crane (a horse whom I think could be a monstrous NH recruit) for a little over two lenghts last time out - where he stumbled in the straight and could have been closer. He has won two from 5 on the track and was fourth two of his other 3 runs. He is trained by a small outfit and this is one of the reasons he is overpriced. There may be an angle for you betfair boys as HS travels like a dream on bridle through his races and you may very well be able to trade out and lock in a profit as he arrives there swinging!! Wears the Tongue tie worn on previous victories which may account for his finding less than expected when push comes to shove but for me a speculative EW bet at a decent price to possibly upset DC and Mark Johnsons charge.

After studying the race for a decent while - I am even further convinced that Home Secretary may be seriously good value at around 14/1 in the 60-90 handicap over 12f at 9:00 Dundalk (Friday 26th November) - hope your tuned in EC1. He will be nine pounds better off with likely fav Denny Crane (a horse whom I think could be a monstrous NH recruit) for a little over two lenghts last time out - where he stumbled in the straight and could have been closer. He has won two from 5 on the track and was fourth two of his other 3 runs. He is trained by a small outfit and this is one of the reasons he is overpriced. There may be an angle for you betfair boys as HS travels like a dream on bridle through his races and you may very well be able to trade out and lock in a profit as he arrives there swinging!! Wears the Tongue tie worn on previous victories which may account for his finding less than expected when push comes to shove but for me a speculative EW bet at a decent price to possibly upset DC and Mark Johnsons charge.

8/1 best price - no bet!!:mad::mad:

Should Spirit River really be fave in this next at Newbury I'm backing CH think its a great price now spirit river wouldn't have got near him over hurdles. Its not always as easy as that if only but at 6/4 I'm more than happy.

I'd have pennies on Erzen at 50s if forced to choose one. I thought Spirit River at 6/4 was the bet though. Good luck.

Between the two of us we mentioned 3 in a 5 horse race and couldn't get the first 2.. :)

Last edited:
Back