Today's Fancy

Being biased but think Zaynar will take the world of beating in the next with the blinkers on. Although does Carlito Brigante look a big each way price at 20/1?

I have got to be against Cue Card at anything under 2/1.In my view he just doesn't have the experience-maybe he is the horse of a lifetime but you have to pay to find out.

Kauto-would you have an opinion on the way the market went.In my opinion it is traders and relatively small punters up to about 20 minutes before the race,then you often see an attempt at market manipulation which we did today when he went bigger then 1.9,the last 5 minutes are pure market forces with desperation often setting in at the end.When Al Ferof looked likely to jump off in front he went from roughly 1.63 to 1.55 which was a fair chunk off an already skinny price.
The terminology mightn't be the best but that's how I see a lot of Betfair markets going -as someone on the Betfair forum said it should be renamed lastfiveminutes.com.

Hi Luke only just saw this post now. Think you have it spot on with how the market is working until the opening show comes through the betfair market does not strengthen properly as the traders, big firms and big punters cannot get on properly any earlier as they need each other to cross the bets. Its a little like a financial market in the fact that until the real institutions come in to play there isn't any real strength to it. The locals facilitate trade i.e small punters but it is the big boys that really make it work.

Wolve 8:20 Electioneer

Wasn't going to post about horses anymore for a while - but this horse really caught my eye LTO running from the carpark draw at Southwell he showed enough pace to nearly get up with the leaders but was forced very wide on the first bend. Travelled well but lost more lengths having to run wide, than he was btn by imo. When his chance had gone the jockey wasn't hard on him - coming down to a very handy mark in the hcap and should be winning soon.

The negatives are it's his first run at this track and the same stable have the fav in the race, but I wouldnt be surprised if this one turned the tables on his stablemate - so i'll be watching the markets near the off.

I expect him to get a good position today and run a big race.

Luke

what do you think of the maiden at 6.50?

I think Penbryn is value here as i'm sure this one will improve for the drop back too 7f..even on its two runs its better than the favs best..and the fav hasn't been showing best recently either

i think their places in the betting should actually be reversed.

Last edited:
Well done Granny

A good friend whom combines looking after her grandchildren, husband and housework with running a tipping website. Hasn't had the greatest of results but some cracking tipping today - she's always searching for a new system or angle and is having a good December. Well done Granny.

http://www.gamblinggranny.co.uk/

Luke

what do you think of the maiden at 6.50?

I think Penbryn is value here as i'm sure this one will improve for the drop back too 7f..even on its two runs its better than the favs best..and the fav hasn't been showing best recently either

i think their places in the betting should actually be reversed.

I'm a fan of Wolverhampton but tonights card looks difficult.I wouldn't be rushing to back fav in maiden.
Stunned after first race -decent place lay of Kings Caprice -looked beaten turning for home but somehow finished third.

I saw a maiden at Lingfield during the week where all the runners bad problems with putting one leg in front of another-this race was also hard on the eye -the winner was playing with his tounge before and during the race which I don't like to see.
As I said earlier in the week some of my worst results this year have been laying bad horses in chronic maidens-thankfully this wasn't one of them.

I don't like The Bull Hayes in the next and have place laid him at 2/5.I will also try to lay him if he goes short in running.

Rory I should have paid for super deluxe Christmas presents today but I have been struggling with a 6 month old child and a dog since 9 this morning and my decision making hasn't been exactly razor sharp.A good days work as opposed to the absolute screamer it could have been.

The day Araucaria won at Wexford I felt like getting physically sick-Wexford is a track that can be hard to handle and I felt like I had done my dough big style on a seriously overrated horse.
In the book Breaking Vegas one of the geeks finds himself in a superb situation at the tables playing blackjack -he puts down a hundred grand which he loses.The moral of the story was you can be holding a fantastic hand and still get chinned.

Back