Today's Fancy

A friend asked me last night what I thought would win 3:20 Ascot. I looked and then said Benbane Head. Double figure prices then; has to be one of best backed horses today. Hope he took the price, and I hope I havn't cursed it!!!!!

Am prepared to second guess Barney again in the 4.20 Wolves with No Complaining. This horse has rock solid form, finishing second to a prescott hot pot at Lingfield who won his next 3 starts and finishing ahead of next time out winners in third/fourth. Short break after starting 14's at Yarmouth on heavy next time. Don't see what they achieve not having a go against this lot, won't find any weaker handicap this winter.

Cheers Luke. I know Barney's such a charitable chap he'd probably want to win a sackful just before Chrimbo so he can give it all away.

Last betting opportunity for a while -I always thought it would be a cold day in he'll before Odins Raven would win a race -have laid him for a place before going into hibernation.

Am prepared to second guess Barney again in the 4.20 Wolves with No Complaining. This horse has rock solid form, finishing second to a prescott hot pot at Lingfield who won his next 3 starts and finishing ahead of next time out winners in third/fourth. Short break after starting 14's at Yarmouth on heavy next time. Don't see what they achieve not having a go against this lot, won't find any weaker handicap this winter.

When you can second guess Barney Curely you are entitled to be called a judge. I had intended having a bet at the early 7/2 when I read your post but it totally slipped my mind. Well done.

It will be very hard to squeeze anything out of today.Marlay Park is a complete hound but the opposition lacks strength in depth-the trainer hasn't had a winner in 191 days and I thought her runner last week was disappointing. I will resist the temptation to lay for a place and try a short price in running lay.

Nuvelli (Navan 2.20) is far too big a price at 20/1. Rated 15lb lower over hurdles than his chase mark and course, distance and going no concern. Has oo ways of running but at the price it's worth guessing.

Made In Taipan looks interesting in Navan's feature race. The fact he ran in the National should not be used against him, he comes out well on the figures, goes well fresh and his price is shortening in the early betting on Betfair.

12.30 southwell

some of these will struggle at 6f on slow surface..including fav..

Slatey Hen looks a good bet to me..form of win worked out..with silence is bliss winning nto

will stay and looks a few lbs well in to me.

Last edited:
The confidence behind Gordon Elliot's Lady Roberta (Navan 2.20) looks worth noting. The 6/1 available with Bet365 is worth taking. I'm still annoyed it's down to 3 places though.

Back