Today's Fancy

Lady Rosetti has to be a lay in the 520 at anything under 6/4.At 1/6 I would also consider laying it for a place.

Can anyone tell me why Moon Indigo is 10 to back in the 1.15? Surely he should be favourite, or near favourite?

Hamm for some reason the market doesn't like this horse,maybe someone knows something.I was looking to lay him but not at that price.You were slightly unlucky not to collect on the win bet-I thought he was going to fight back on the line.

Yeah, I thought today not the day etc but not sure the HJ yard is that much of a gambling one, and that certainly isn't the reason they bought that horse. Another day.

Fancy anything else today?

Trying to keep it all together for the good Christmas racing -today's racing is dangerous even Fairyhouse tomorrow could be dodgy enough with the state of the track and fitness doubts after the snow.

The price of the Nicholls horse looks big in the first at Newbury when you compare it to the Henderson runner.

The obvious ones look too skinny today... there are probably some value bets lurking... but not exactly sure which. I'll probably leave it alone today as I've not much time to uncover any hidden value. I intend to sit back and enjoy (the replays at least).

Nicholls Betfair comments

Won his first three races in the French Provinces before being beaten a nose in a listed race at Nantes over 1m4f. And he has done everything right at home since I have had him and is a really nice horse. Has been working and jumping very well at home - in fact, I have even schooled him over fences - and I like him a lot. Worked very nicely with Toubab this morning in preparation for this.

Think the 3.25 at Lingfield has a good shape to it. We have an odds-on fav of Sir Mark's that really shouldn't be so short. Okay he's unexposed and up in trip but the way he races doesn't inspire confidence that he's a suitable ride for an apprentice. I think there's a good chance he'll be off the bridle a long way out and as a result he looks there for the taking. Green Wadi is a big shithouse, Robby Bobby is ridden by an inexperienced rider who I don't think will get the most out of him and though Rosy Dawn will get an uncontested, she can't win from so far out of the weights.

That leaves us with Archie Rice, who himself is a bit of a dog, but has looked an easier ride since they've started holding him up. His second over course and distance is rock solid and I think he was comitted too soon that day as well. Reproduction of that should be enough. Just in case saver on Lord Chancellor who is thrown in on MJ form, and though showing little of late, it may be significant they've bought him over to Lingfield where his best efforts have been gained.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see how Dan Breen runs in the next - has disappointed since the Supreme.

I with DJ regarding the 325 at Lingfield Albertud Pictor looks slow and awkward to me.How does Kirsten Rausing breed the lack of tactical pace into them.
Having avoided the good stuff all day I am laying this one.

If it makes you feel any better last December 30th I place laid a horse at 1.1 that got chinned.The horse was Sir Edwin Landseer -a complete pig-it was an early race at Lingfield.I had promised my daughter
that I would take her to Alvin and the chipmunks 2-the squeaquel.Off we went with me congratulating myself on my shrewdness.Got to cinema and there was about 200 kids with parents there -sold out.
Bought tickets for 530 show and home thinking of a few small bets on the racing.Ended up turning roughly an 800 profit into a 200 loss.
I also had to go back and watch Alvin which completely melted my head.

Got a text that Fourth Class was entered up three or four times last year without running and was well thought off. Decided to wait for the opeing show! The early 6/1 was become an SP of 9/4! Have connections had it off Luke?

I didn't see it Gearoid -I am trying to keep
it together for Kempton and Leopardstown and I was off walking the dog on the beach.

Back