Today's Fancy

:cool:

had a small dutch on eton fable+ramora in the next..EF could lead alll the way but if does get talken on ramora will be suited to that..both too big in the betting

7 non runners in the 2.20. Between non runners at Navan and Chelsea V Man Utd being off my depression is deepening.

1.35 could have some value

looks like a decent pace is possible which will strecth Diggeratt..the 2nd fav camps bay hasn't won in yonks..and takes a suspicious drop in class

Yossi could be value here as will stay on nice..worth at least a fiver to chance it ;)

will dutch with Baggsy..as stable in good form

Last edited:
Nuvelli (Navan 2.20) is far too big a price at 20/1. Rated 15lb lower over hurdles than his chase mark and course, distance and going no concern. Has oo ways of running but at the price it's worth guessing.

8 non runners but Nuvelli now trades at 34 on Betfair. Instructions - "Not today son, not today"

I make Xilerator worth a little in the next. Nazreef may well win by half the track but I wouldn't trust the last run to be all it looks, back out after just 7 days is asking a lot to put up a similar performance - the Nicholls yoke looks unexposed, and could be quite a bit better. I'm prepared to find out at 10 on the machine.

To sum up my betting of late...

I changed my mind about a couple that won earlier (actually backed them but laid them off before the race after convincing myself they were bad bets), and just had a few quid on Advisor at 13. Laid it off at 2.6 to guarantee a decent profit all round, bringing me back to level for the day. He of course went and won, denying me a decent xmas shot in the arm. I should really be satisfied with getting out of jail, but think I need a break for a few days..

To sum up my betting of late...

I changed my mind about a couple that won earlier (actually backed them but laid them off before the race after convincing myself they were bad bets), and just had a few quid on Advisor at 13. Laid it off at 2.6 to guarantee a decent profit all round, bringing me back to level for the day. He of course went and won, denying me a decent xmas shot in the arm. I should really be satisfied with getting out of jail, but think I need a break for a few days..

Cheer up. I had a lump on Free World @ 28 and laid it all back at single figures to deny myself a massive Christmas bonus.

Strongly considering large bet on Alfie Flits today. Anybody think of anything to put me off?

At 7-4 he looks great value to me... am I missing something?

Last chance before Christmas and I have decided to lay Corsican Boy of Roger Charltons in the 455 at Kempton for a place at average odds of 1.4.
No real science behind this one I just remember Rodge having a short one disappoint last Christmas and this is the last chance of a bet until Sunday.

Any thoughts on him being flattered, as opposed to unlucky by the slow pace lto? I think a lot of horses have their performances upgraded when they appear unlucky by finishing fast off a slow pace - i think it is often the case they wouldn't have been able to go the pace were it ran faster and they will be hugely undepriced next time out.

The class 2 sprint at Lingfield tomorrow looks a dangerous affair with several in decent form but Tornadodancer EW at around 10/1 will do for me - he is back to his best - would be the freshest of these and really should be going for his hat-trick if P Smullen had held onto him a little longer the last day at Dundalk. Several dangers so we will hedge on EW!

Back