Today's Fancy

Beat Sanctuaire and Son Amix if you want a UK/Irish angle on the form Hamm - hard to judge really, was unbeaten when Buckley bought him and they had to scrap the original plan of going the Long Run route and taking in the Autumn 4yo Chases at Auteuil as his jumping wasn't that great - hope Henderson has done some extensive schooling with him.

Ghizao wins well which I'm not too upset about as he'll continue to take a chunk out of the Arkle market.

3.35 Leopardstown-Valleymount

Each Way @ 5-1 [Bet365..best odds]

Impressed me when winning her bumper

Ran well to finish 3rd

Last edited:
I like Noble Prince each way Benny. Either way it's a perfect race to take the fav on provided you can get on.

Agreed Gearoid. I was a bit underwhelmed by MDH's reappearance - I'd like to see him finish a race before backing him to win anything to be honest. He could win easily, but at the prices he's got to be taken on.

Noble Price looked good at Punchestown and could be anything, but with Ghizao boosting the form of Loosen My Load yesterday, I'd say he's the one to be on. My only slight concern is that he's drifting, which doesn't inspire confidence. I'll probably wait until near the off before playing.

Interesting one in the 5.10 at Kempton this evening is Judgethemoment. Really progressive in first half of 2009, following up course and distance win with 2 victories at Ascot including the Ascot Stakes at the Royal meeting. Badly lost his way since and we are taking a punt on how much ability he retains, but at his peak he was rated 95 but dips into a 0-70 from a mark of 68 here. Been off since July so plenty of time to iron out any problems he's had whilst yard have been in very good form this all-weather season.

He's got plenty of form from the front and has reasonable prospects of dictating, although Sunny Spells does sometimes front run too. This either goes off a short-priced fav and wins or drifts and runs poorly. Worth taking a chance at 11/2 though.

I'm a big fan of Beseech in the 6.10 Kempton, she ran well over 1m2f last time out in a hot little race on the clock and there have been two subsequent winners from that race. The yard who I have a lot of time for are in cracking form this winter on the all-weather and the horse has the assistance of Cathy Gannon who can also do no wrong on the sand at present. The 20/1 available this morning was far too appealing.

Good to see 2 Quinlan horses with no form hack up in 2 races at Lingfield.

AW racing really is a joke if this kind of thing is allowed to take place.

Good to see 2 Quinlan horses with no form hack up in 2 races at Lingfield.

AW racing really is a joke if this kind of thing is allowed to take place.

The Quinlan gambles were pretty rank, but it's hardly a phenomenon confined to AW racing.

Unfortunately with prize money where it is with some of this racing owners certainly aren't in it for just that.

To be fair both horses had plenty of back form. It was just the insiders who knew that today was the day. Noel Quinlan was interviewed in the Post after Bishopbriggs once last winter and said the key to him is he needs to lead. Racing Post close ups for 5 starts prior to today were;

Slowly into stride, behind most of way
Held up in last trio, effort over 1f out, not clear run entering final furlong, stayed on near finish
Awkward start and slowly into stride, always in rear, hung right from over 1f out, never dangerous
Started slowly, never nearer
Steadied start, held up in last, pushed along over 2f out, never involved

I should have said recent form knew about tell halaf as was an ex michael bell horse who i always followed

To be fair both horses had plenty of back form. It was just the insiders who knew that today was the day. Noel Quinlan was interviewed in the Post after Bishopbriggs once last winter and said the key to him is he needs to lead. Racing Post close ups for 5 starts prior to today were;

Slowly into stride, behind most of way
Held up in last trio, effort over 1f out, not clear run entering final furlong, stayed on near finish
Awkward start and slowly into stride, always in rear, hung right from over 1f out, never dangerous
Started slowly, never nearer
Steadied start, held up in last, pushed along over 2f out, never involved

You would hope the trainer would be up in front of the Stewards and given a decent ban - surely they can't accept massive improvement in 2 of his horses in successive races? Anyone who sees these kind of shenanigans must be mad to bet on racing when you have far better alternatives with less skullduggery.. the problem is racing folk just see it as a great gamble.

Interesting one in the 5.10 at Kempton this evening is Judgethemoment. Really progressive in first half of 2009, following up course and distance win with 2 victories at Ascot including the Ascot Stakes at the Royal meeting. Badly lost his way since and we are taking a punt on how much ability he retains, but at his peak he was rated 95 but dips into a 0-70 from a mark of 68 here. Been off since July so plenty of time to iron out any problems he's had whilst yard have been in very good form this all-weather season.

He's got plenty of form from the front and has reasonable prospects of dictating, although Sunny Spells does sometimes front run too. This either goes off a short-priced fav and wins or drifts and runs poorly. Worth taking a chance at 11/2 though.

A corpse. One to swerve.

Back