Today's Fancy

Decent but not top notch? Was that the Mick Halford card on Dubai Prince!?

:lol:

What muppet said that about Dubai Prince!!

Smullen gave Eva's Time a very poor ride. Knew it himself when he came in. Berry gave the Aga's in the same race a very poor ride too. The Aga's is supposed to be decent to worth watching for next year.

Well done on Lucky Punt Steve.

In the bumper in Galway im very very sweet on Rebel Chief. Well touted when winning on debut, didnt get the best passage that day, and has improved again since. Il be piling in, the only concern is strong word for the Kiely horse but it will have to be exceptional to beat this today. 3/1 currently.

Wins.sweated up badly beforehand,second time to do so. The word on kielys looks spot on too,ran on very eyecatchingly with not the best of passages. Will be short next time out I'd say. Winner must be valuable now,well bred.half brother to first gold if I heard correct.

Saeed Bin Suroor is £800,000 off being champion trainer this year without a top class 3yo. Next season he has 3 potential stars. The 7/1 for him to be Champion Trainer in 2011 looks a fair bet if you have that sort of patience

Last edited:
That is a different twist on it DJ. I have no idea but if I was a betting man I would be 1/9 Suroor them both.

He wants an Epson Derby badly.

Last edited:
Evas Time was troublesome at the start-never a good sign.

I backed her this morning and very nearly laid off when I saw he in the ring beforehand. While he coat was not gone, she was a bit wooly. Word was that the Weld's would have gone for the maximum bet if they didn't know that Oxx's was good. In fact, they suggested Oxx's without was the bet!! That's why I think Oxx's might be one to watch.

Well done on Lucky Punt Steve.

Stopped clock and all that! Nice win in the bumper for you.

A mixed bag really, kicked off nicely with the short priced double, then big disappointment in the 3.30 Leicester, principally with Zabrano getting no run at all up the straight, 3.40 Kempton & 4.10 both misses, Dinner Date caught out by the draw again, but didn't pick up in the straight either, before finishing on a high with Lucky Punt.

Some interesting horses in the early markets tomorrow:

2.20 Cat. Everymanforhimself has got form at this trip and in conditions and a bit like Extraterestrial today is dropping to a handy mark.

3.50 Cat. Conry seems to have caught the eye of many in the market already, some decent Catterick form to his name, but high enough in the weights, shrewd connections and if the money continues to come it will be interesting.

4.30 Yar. Professor John has tumbled down the weights, but has the awful form to go with it, first time visor tomorrow and connectionc used this jockey to land a punt at Kempton a few nights ago, market watch. N/R

5.00 Yar. Velvet Nayef has opened at 100/1 on it's 3 starts, beaten 5 rivals in total and been beaten over 80 lengths in total, they must surely think the step up in trip / fact it's such an awful race, gives it a chance, we'll see..

3.40 Taun. Captain Becket was narrowly beaten off this winable mark last week, compensation awaits!

4.10 Taun. Outside Investor comes from yard going well, looking to follow up, decent claimer on board, 8/1 is fair.

Last edited:
Apparently Mickelson has been catching birdies - even a few eagles - on the Meade gallops recently.

Seriously though, he's meant to be pretty good.

Apparently Mickelson has been catching birdies - even a few eagles - on the Meade gallops recently.

Seriously though, he's meant to be pretty good.

Hot betting heat. The second should have won if he did not run around the place. No idea what happened to Mickelson.

Last edited:
Hot betting heat. The second should have won if he did not run around the place. No idea what happened to Mickelson.

Mickelson well placed but easily passed by the runner-up on the turn in and could only plug on. The latter pigged it by hanging left and not going past.

With so many fancied it was either a very good bumper or a very average one. I'd be inclided to go with the former.

It was run in a very respectable time, the winner was pressing the pace most of the way.

Given that the second was making its debut I'd give him another chance. He cruised up to the front line but dodged away from the first taste of the whip and lost momentum. He ran on well once he was straightened up.

Mind you the winner also ran on well, it might have been a decent race.

Mind you the winner also ran on well, it might have been a decent race.

Possibly. Cheltenian is the one to take out of the race he really should have one. The poor souls on Betfair were taking odds on right up until 100 yards out.

Hurricane Hymnbrook is becoming to look well handicapped in the next at Nottingham, hasn't been knocked about recently shall we say.

If there's money for it, it will be very interesting. If it's weak in the market, then expect another "ride" like the last three!

Hurricane Hymnbrook is becoming to look well handicapped in the next at Nottingham, hasn't been knocked about recently shall we say.

If there's money for it, it will be very interesting. If it's weak in the market, then expect another "ride" like the last three!

Disgrace, and people thought Casela Park was bad, at least they only did it once.

What price should Abydos be in the 8.50 Wolves? Down in the weights, lengthy absence, terrible race, Queally's only ride? Reckon you've got plenty on your side at current 3.5. Can see it going off around the 2.4 mark.

While I am very much for having a bet on the all weather I have to back Tramp Stamp in the 4.15 Punchestown.

I shall be backing Lynnott in the next race. 3.15. This one should be there abouts today at around 5s or 6s.

Back