Today's Fancy

Certainly on a handicapping mission this one, the ride it got today was an absolute disgrace.

Granted it probably couldn't win after that ride today, but I think the horse has completely gone. Look at the Kempton run, if it's going out like a light off an easy lead off 68, I couldn't be interested in it off 65 or even 60 I don't think. Think with the blinkers it was a case of just trying something different to try and bring the horse back to form. WOuldn't surprise me if we don't see him again.

Surprised Chjimes is as big as he is today. Yes I seem to back him every Saturday in a 6f handicap at Lingfield but the last 2 runs he's been better than the result. He'd have gone very close to winning last time I think had he not met interference 1f out. Has a good mid-field draw again and plenty of pace to chase and think he should be a few points shorter than the current 10.5 on betfair.

Granted it probably couldn't win after that ride today, but I think the horse has completely gone. Look at the Kempton run, if it's going out like a light off an easy lead off 68, I couldn't be interested in it off 65 or even 60 I don't think. Think with the blinkers it was a case of just trying something different to try and bring the horse back to form. WOuldn't surprise me if we don't see him again.

I think he'll win off 60ish when well backed.

He drifted like a barge yesterday before Eddie went off a 5f pace over 2 miles.

When Petit Robin ran in this race 2 years ago he was badly outpaced at one stage before running on at the end-I think he went 8s in the place market in running.In a better race I make him a place lay at anything up to 2.5.

Am sweet enough on Bruach Na Mara in the 3.50 at Leopardstown- finished a close up 4th, behind The Shepherd-Footy Facts over 3miles here at Christmas. Should give a decent account again today at my kind of prices.

Last edited:
Good Luck

Three Place bets at Betfair Sp

2.00 Towcester-Duke Of Malfi 2pts [Currently 2.46]
3.05 Towcester-Pret A Thou 1pt [Currently 1.28]
4.45 Kempton-Song To The Moon 3pts [Currently 2.4]

Back