Today's Fancy

They got buried into it!! What did you make of the run from it? Green as grass, not good enough, or had it a problem?

Had to be some sort of problem with him- He was the first horse beaten. He looked a nice type too. How many bumper winners does C Byrnes train - haven't looked at the stats but the last I can recall was that fiasco in Cork a couple of years ago!! If they were trying to land a punt and get best prices would they have put McNamara up??? Would have thought they would use a more run of the mill amateur??

How many does he try to win as someone said today...in their green jacket and cap....

Id imagine there was some sort of problem, if thats how good the horse is then they will be absolutely gutted.

Had to be some sort of problem with him- He was the first horse beaten. He looked a nice type too. How many bumper winners does C Byrnes train - haven't looked at the stats but the last I can recall was that fiasco in Cork a couple of years ago!! If they were trying to land a punt and get best prices would they have put McNamara up??? Would have thought they would use a more run of the mill amateur??
Would have put Miss L O'Neill up and asked if they could replace her with Miss N Carberry I think OTB.

The Cork debacle was a disgrace - how he didn't get warned off for that is anyones guess.

Bayross in the first at Limerick - we have missed his two wins at 33/1 but at 7/1 today Bet365 is worth a few quid ew - he has already turned over a Mullins odds on hotpot and has only Elliott's horse to be beat otherwise. That horse is coming back after a long break and will probably be found out on the ground. From a small yard who know the time of day.

8/1 with Paddypower.

Last edited:
Uncle Junior who runs in the 340 at Limerick is awkward and unreliable,one of my favourite horses to lay.Last time out he lost interest before deciding to run on and snatch 3rd place-just another day at the office for UJ.
I will be trying to lay him at odds on in the place market pre race and also maybe try and lay him at something like 1.35 and 1.06 in the in running win market.

In fact, im going to put up an each way bet in the same race.

Osirixamix(spelling) was subject to a favourable report prior to his last running,and was supported in the market, before being withdrawn down at the start.

Il take a chance on him at 12s on Betfair, win and place. Supposedly jumps well,and is in good nick.

Thinking about it now, i think the word came from the man on top, said it had schooled well.

What about this for a stat -in a 17 race career Uncle Junior has traded under 1.35 seven times and been beaten.A model of consistency.

What about this for a stat -in a 17 race career Uncle Junior has traded under 1.35 seven times and been beaten.A model of consistency.

Where do you come up with these stats?! Not having a go, useful to know, if backing him at 4.8 or whatever, good oppurtunity to lay off at around evens for double your stake, leaving profit on any outcome...

Where do you come up with these stats?! Not having a go, useful to know, if backing him at 4.8 or whatever, good oppurtunity to lay off at around evens for double your stake, leaving profit on any outcome...

Timeform results on the Betfair site give an in running low for the losers and an in running high for the winner.

Cheers folks, and well done to Luke on pointing out the rogue. To be honest, i was working away and it was only that i was on a free class that i decided to look up the race when he mentioned Uncle Junior. This is when i saw Osirixamix running. I had a small win and place on it on Betfair on the phone. A bit annoyed, as i had steamed into it the last day when it was withdrawn down at the start. Whos to say he wouldnt have been beaten that day anyway.

I think the important point to note here, is that OTB didnt post to jinx this one. In fact, im pretty sure the Vet blamed his wager for the withdrawel the last day.

Any time you read about a horse finishing "Distressed", it means hes punted them, ruining any chance they had and frustrating the horse to a point of a breakdown.

Back