Today's Fancy

I don't know about put you off, but I would rate Patsy Finnegan a serious danger, and American T hasn't exactly sparkled since his layoff.

I'm contemplating laying Punchestowns today. I backed him last time and I want my money back.

I don't know about put you off, but I would rate Patsy Finnegan a serious danger, and American T hasn't exactly sparkled since his layoff.

I'm contemplating laying Punchestowns today. I backed him last time and I want my money back.

Benny, wouldn't be mad keen on laying punchestowns today - he is as soft as a bag of shite but this is a soft looking race.!! He's not too far off a bet in my book at 4/5.

I was actually going to put a post up about Punchestowns never winning another race over fences, but when I saw this field I was glad I didn't.

I agree with On the Bridle that he is nearly a bet, but I would feel dirty after backing him so I won't do it.

I take your point about American Trilogy on board, Ben. I might leave him. Looking around for a bet today and can't find one. I have an aversion to odds on shots in bumpers, and I am not going to change this rule today.

Russian Epic is a horse that I have been waiting for at Kempton, Kelso, Southwell or Aintree over 2 miles. However, given his form and the distance, I would have been expecting him to be at 20/1 in a race like this rather than half the price.

I want to be all over American Trilogy like a rash today. He would have gobbled up these lads and spat them out over hurdles.

Can anybody put me off?

I don't like losing money.

You are on fire at the moment and could probably pick the winners of all the Cartoon Racing today, so I dont want to piss on your chips but can this fella jump?? He definitely is better in the spring which is a plus but the big black ones come up hard and fast at Kempton and jumping is at a premium. As I remember he is a little on the small side which probably isny a help either. 11/4 is a tempting price on the other hand.

When I looked at the racing last night I decided maybe get involved on one horse Cheltenian - Grey's word and the price has made up my decision to play. I don't know if I can bring myself to follow you in.

According in the next at Kempton 1.30 is very well handicapped. Only slight concern is the dead ground.

I'm going for a poor horse on form, who is beautifully bred and went through the sales for 105,000 euros. He races today off a mark of 90 which after great study I think is fair. His form so far has been very poor but I've taken the view that his last three runs he's plodded around to get his h'cap mark. He wears first time blinkers today in a poor h'cap hurlde at Kempton and his trainer is in hot form. 3:10 Chervonet - Win & Pl back to lay :blink:

Last edited:
Back