Today's Fancy

Only one horse I strongly fancy today and it's Baby Shine in the Mares Bumper at Huntingdon - from the unfashionable yard of Lucy Wadham but she took an Open Maiden P2P at Kilsheelan back in October in very impressive fashion off level weights (no Mares Allowance) in a very decent time (only the Open won by Gaspar was faster) from subsequent winners Border Pass (3rd) and Ravastree (now with Alan King) whilst the runner-up Master Workman has placed since.

She was switched from Ireland to the Newmarket yard of Lucy Wadham for whom she was a well backed FTO Bumper winner at Southwell (7/1 into 2/1), her main rival that day (a Henderson mare) didn't run to form but she was heavily eased close home and won easily with the only subsequent runner from the race (Sharlenes Quest beaten 13 lengths in 5th) coming out on Saturday to beat a well backed horse of Tim Vaughan's at Ffos Las.

She's available at a best priced 7/2 at the moment and is well worth a decent bet IMO.

Martin

A Thursday with Meydan and Thurles on........ This cant possibly go wrong can it?

Thursday is bogey day on this forum - but its my birthday today - am going for three in a row and fancy Lambro in the 2m 6f maiden hurdle at Thurles. 2/1 at the moment and has realistically only one to beat... (famous last words) in Crash. Mullins horses are flying and this one should be two from two in bumpers but for Patrick hitting the front way too soon first time up. He hosed in on his second start in Clonmel in September from at least three subsequent winners of a mix of hurdles and bumpers and looks like he is crying out for this trip. Townend will handle him confidently and hold on to him till reasonably late on. Mullins highlighted him as a certain maiden hurdle winner and future chaser in his recent stable tour.

Hourigan trains Crash which ran a very respectable race when fav to be third to Old McDonald at Naas last time and that form is solid - ex-point winner what has a tall reputation but looked a little one paced on both his hurdle starts so far. If the stables were swaped I would be going the other way if you get my drift.
Not a cert by any means but 2/1 looks very realistic.

Only one horse I strongly fancy today and it's Baby Shine in the Mares Bumper at Huntingdon - from the unfashionable yard of Lucy Wadham but she took an Open Maiden P2P at Kilsheelan back in October in very impressive fashion off level weights (no Mares Allowance) in a very decent time (only the Open won by Gaspar was faster) from subsequent winners Border Pass (3rd) and Ravastree (now with Alan King) whilst the runner-up Master Workman has placed since.

She was switched from Ireland to the Newmarket yard of Lucy Wadham for whom she was a well backed FTO Bumper winner at Southwell (7/1 into 2/1), her main rival that day (a Henderson mare) didn't run to form but she was heavily eased close home and won easily with the only subsequent runner from the race (Sharlenes Quest beaten 13 lengths in 5th) coming out on Saturday to beat a well backed horse of Tim Vaughan's at Ffos Las.

She's available at a best priced 7/2 at the moment and is well worth a decent bet IMO.

Martin

What about Henderson's yoke - savagely well bred - and won well the last day with buckets of money for it??

I think she's beatable tbh OTB - has had a setback I presume (according to the Stable Tour was due to run last October) and he's had a few run poorly of late (Skint, Loose Performer, Nadiya De La Vega, Rackham Lerouge and State Benefit the most notable) - the form of the Bangor race has worked out well enough but personally I think BS could be a v v good mare.

I think she's beatable tbh OTB - has had a setback I presume (according to the Stable Tour was due to run last October) and he's had a few run poorly of late (Skint, Loose Performer, Nadiya De La Vega, Rackham Lerouge and State Benefit the most notable) - the form of the Bangor race has worked out well enough but personally I think BS could be a v v good mare.

I'm in!!:ninja:

I will be laying Cork All Star at about 1.6.I cant have him staying 3 miles.

There are a few skinny ones that have every chance of getting chinned today - can't have Drive On Jim in the handicap chase at Thurles second race - there must be something in the field to beat him - looks like the handicapper has caught up with him.

On a crappy run but fancy Chaim in the 2.10 Huntingdon running off the same mark as when winning last year easily and should enjoy the conditions. Think he could be well ahead of his handicap mark over fences IF (big word) he can get his jumping right. 14/1 seems fair to me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! OTB

Trainer Robert Dickin has a 60% strike rate with his runners in February Taunton meetings - He runs Playing With Fire in the 4:30 - a tricky little h'cap.

Last race at Southwell looks to have a good shape. Stanley Rigby looks a dodgy fav around the even money mark. Chasing a 4-timer but the form of his latest win hasn't worked out and he looks vulnerable. The obvious alternative who has a similar chance (imo) but is 3.75 instead on 2.04 is Dandarrell. Strong traveller that will be at least as effective at 11f as a mile and half. His form is now great shakes either, but a reproduction of any of his recent efforts at this track put him bang there. General Tufto is a danger on his best form but he's too inconsistent these days and may be better over shorter. Magnitude is a rare Brian Baugh creature at the minute in that he returned from a break out of form and Naheel looks best left alone at present after virtually pulling up 2 runs back and finishing well held last time.

Thursday is bogey day on this forum - but its my birthday today - am going for three in a row and fancy Lambro in the 2m 6f maiden hurdle at Thurles. 2/1 at the moment and has realistically only one to beat... (famous last words) in Crash. Mullins horses are flying and this one should be two from two in bumpers but for Patrick hitting the front way too soon first time up. He hosed in on his second start in Clonmel in September from at least three subsequent winners of a mix of hurdles and bumpers and looks like he is crying out for this trip. Townend will handle him confidently and hold on to him till reasonably late on.

All very prophetic. Apart from the third last word, which needed to be prefixed with 'un'.

Hard luck, and on your birthday and all. :(

Back