Today's Fancy

If I owned a good hurdler and wanted to give it a nice introduction over fences Fakenham would be the track.Exeter is a much stiffer test.
For my money they had doubts about him over fences.

Might not get too rich backing him but I like Quito De La Roque in the 3.50 at Navan. Only beaten by Boston's Angel so far and that form has worked itself out pretty well with yesterdays win.

2.02 on Betfair right now

If I owned a good hurdler and wanted to give it a nice introduction over fences Fakenham would be the track.Exeter is a much stiffer test.

Thanks Luke - David Pipe did say at the start of the season, "Mamlook jumps hurdles like fences, so I don't see him having a problem going chasing, and he could be a very exciting novice."

But I don't like it when a Pipe horse drifts - will wait until near the off and see if there's any market confidence.

Last edited:
I believe they went to Fakenham when they had Dom d'Orgeval too, and he didn't go on for the Pipe team.

Allow me to get this off my chest.While the child was asleep in my arms last night I was looking up today's cards on the iPhone and thought I had to be against Chamirey and Keki Buka.
I try to avoid gambling on Monday in the honest belief that the weekend usually offers better prospectsof winning and there is nothing worse then doing in large amounts of cash during the week and performing miracles with very little at the weekend.
First race at Plumpton King had a One Cool Cat filly first time out over hurdles who was available to lay at 8/13 in place market.A nice small stakes treble on the 3 would set me up for the week.
I hesitated and didn't press the button -chinned at 8/13,2/9 and 8/15.
Out of pure anger I laid Keki Buku at 1.55.

Snakebite & Jacks Present are worth backing backing against the front two in th e5.00..song of songs - trainerform poor and going - Dante's Storm not a gimme on the ground either

Farmer Frank looks good each way value at 10-1 in the first of Leicester's hunter chases.

Not convinced by Battlecry or Turko. Turthen deserves to be favourite but the price looks skinny. With 8 runners, Farmer Frank each way looks the bet.

Any thoughts? Haven't got much of a handle on the P2P form this year...

Last edited:
I have already mentioned him a couple of times on the Unexposed thread, Hi Big Man is having his first run in a bumper today at Punchestown 4:15. O'Grady's yoke was heavily backed this morning and is very well related, Mullin's yoke cost €125,000 as a yearling and is also well related, they think quite a bit of Kielys and Boston Bob won a decent point to point last year but after saying all that connections of my fancy don't really fear anything and they fancied it at Leopardstown (in what looked like a hotter race) before he got a stone bruise and was pulled out.

He is a monster of a horse (inside track at Punchestown may not suit) is very well related (Canaly etc.) and has been away from home for plenty of gallops. They have given him plenty of time to grow into himself and strenghten and while he will improve for the run - he is ready. Don't let the price put you off (14/1) connections are not punters - If my sources are correct he can seriously put it up to these today and is a decent EW bet.:ninja:

Anybody looked at the 5.00 Lingfield. Given his old form and the resurgence at Kemp, did anyone else think Mister Green would be more around the 7/4 mark than 11/4? Not beaten far in last year's Winter Derby yet running off 68 here.

I don't understand why your thoughts on the trainer would matter? Mullins is obviously a very good trainer but a lot of his horses are artificially short and hence there to be layed..

Paul Carberry's ride in the 3.50 today at Punchestown was completely shocking, I do wonder if this guy is just completely bent or a seriously awful judge of pace. Should be given a months ban at least for this one. 5L down at last on bridle, pings it and takes a pull, and expects it to make up 5L in 50yards. Absolutely disgraceful.

Back