Today's Fancy

Yep. A dead heat in the last and William Hill had 11 lengths in hand :D

Last edited:
Greenflash may play a crucial role in the distances today at Lingfield, but I still think under 8L at 13/8 is the way to go. At Nottingham the firm ground and NR's by the dozen make over 14L at 13/8 the standout price.

A truly awful bet at Nottingham, it was never in the running. Lingfield however continues to be bountiful with it's make-up of 7L, even after being at 5.5L after 3 races!

If it had made up at 14.2 you would be on a booze fuelled rampage by now. Be thankful for small mercies.

At 9/4 I had a very small bet for a bit of interest for the day. The racing was truly uninspiring. Tomorrow I might be able to get it back with a bit more. Any strong fancies?

I haven't had a full look yet.

I like the looks of Third Intention in the juvenile hurdle. I'd be hoping to get 12 to 1 or so. Haven't seen the betting, but I would imagine that Zarkandar will make it a nice each way race.

I am kicking myself for not doing Carole's Legacy when she opened at 14s yesterday. Value had dried up when I saw 6s best price earlier today. I think I may wait to see if Denman gets to > 6/4.

My main bet will be Herons Well in the Foxhunters. Baby Run and Turko should make the price. This one was going very well when falling at Cheltenham.

I'll probably be backing Rio Gael in the 2m hurdle.

All of the above (apart from the Foxhunters) is likely to change once I have a look tonight.

There is a shit load of money to be made, that is for sure.

Really like the look of Sires Collonges in the listed hurdle. Think he has been laid out for this and don't think he will be anywhere near10/1 tomorrow come off time.

Might have been me posting when he was first entered in the UK in the Ladbrokes Hurdle off a lenient looking mark.

That's funny because someone mentioned Butternut Squash to me today and I could not remember why it rang a bell.

Last edited:
Word from the stable for Scouting Party in the 7.35 at Clonmel. Havent put me too far wrong so far this year so il throw a few shecks on it.

Nice one. Credit to the jockey, he wasnt jumping early when being held up so he decided to take the bull by the horns and get him up to the leaders and a look at the fence. Made a hash of the last, and then he got a great tune out of him to win.

Got a text then to say, "Hard as nails, back out Saturday week". So maybe worth keeping an eye on but I dont know if Id want to put too much faith in this one again.

Glad the horse won, profit will surely be multiplied tomorrow. :ninja:

In the opener at Doncaster, American Ladie, 2nd the last five times in a row and unlikely to be ideally suited by today's faster conditions, is a short priced favourite.

Red Merlin might be capable of taking her on... in the mid 90s on the flat, the 9/2 available with William Hill looks fair.

It is perhaps dangerous to keep going to the same well, but American Ladie runs again today at Fontwell having finished 2nd yet again, at odds of 4-11, in her most recent race. She is odds on again today, but I think second favourite Lucys Perfect (Fontwell, 14.10) is good enough to beat her.

Always waining (3.40) is in really good heart at home,was speaking to someone from down there this morning and his words were nailed on for place money could nick it.At 16/1 i've seen worst bets

My dear friend Dahindar runs again tonight in the 1 mile handicap at 8:00 Dundalk and despite him getting me out of more scrapes than my Garda friend I have to desert him in favour of Barrow Island. I think he is thrown in off 80 and seems to have finally got his act together as witnessed last time out. He has a pretty big reputation at home and getting nearly two stone off Dahindar should allow him every chance at 5/1 - 9/2. Dahindar is practically unbackable at 9/4 - 2/1 but is a big danger as is Lightening Stricks who also gets in off a very lenient mark IMHO. Barrow Island gets the vote ahead of LS on the basis of he has shown his readiness with an easy win LTO.

Would be Dahindar to beat Lightning Stricks for me OTB - the former just keeps on improving at the track whilst the latter was a very impressive winner last backend, if back in the same form I'd expect them to fill the first two placings.

My old mate Carpincho is back in the 3m Handicap Hurdle at Aintree today, he's in off a mark in the 130's though not convinced that the heavy ground at Haydock played to his strengths and he has won a novice hurdle and a bumper on good to soft, he looks a big price at 30 on Betfair at the moment, particularly in light of two of those in front of him at Haydock being towards the fore in the betting for the Sefton (Back In Focus and Court In Motion) and that could look big after the Grade 1.

Back