Today's Fancy

I had enough on and was aware of the comments I posted here -even so I was very confident after he jumped two fences.I'd say today was his Arkle.

Really like Specific Gravity in the Feilden today. There are some decent horses in opposition, Johnston's looks a real danger, but I thought this one's performance in a decent enough Nottingham maiden was very impressive. He has a bit of size so if he's matured I think he will run a big race today. I've backed him and also put him in a small double with Majestic Dubawi.

Impossible when you don't know the opposition. At Newmarket there is always going to a few unexposed good ones. A couple of right touches on 2yo maidens I've known about in Ireland they knew the relative strength of the opposition. If you know the opposition are of around a certain ability than you don't necessarily need your best 2yo to win a race.

In all fairness, I have put up far stupider tips on this forum and elsewhere than this one.

I've recently tipped up a losing 2yo maiden bet so my glasshouse is in bits but I did so with a bit of knowledge that the Fahey runner (odds on fav who finished last) was not that good. It turned out Del Boy had a bit of insight into the first past the post 'winner' that day who was thrown out. If you put all that information together you could have has a pretty strong card on that race.

Last edited:
Had very strong word that it was a serious animal and couldn't possibly be beaten - very very reliable source - they got this one wrong but overall it is a profitable source.

I've recently tipped up a losing 2yo maiden bet so my glasshouse is in bits but I did so with a bit of knowledge that the Fahey runner (odds on fav who finished last) was not that good. It turned out Del Boy had a bit of insight into the first past the post 'winner' that day who was thrown out. If you put all that information together you could have has a pretty strong card on that race.

Same source has said that the stable will have a good few days coming up. Will know more tomorrow but I believe the first past the post you speak of is back out tomorrow, but again, dont know what its up against.

Had very strong word that it was a serious animal and couldn't possibly be beaten - very very reliable source - they got this one wrong but overall it is a profitable source.

Wasn't having a go in case it came across like that - interested as to why you did so. Your posts are more enjoyable than most..

Del Boy - Tough As Nails entitled to be very much the one to beat. Boris Grigoriev the obvious danager. Anything around 3/1 would be fair.

In the 4.30 at Cheltenham tomorrow Peter Bowen has Natural action running.It was fancied a couple of weeks ago in a much easier race but the ground fiasco at the course meant it wa pulled out when well backed.I think it could run a big race at a big price here tomorrow.

No idea how good this is but there is a tip going round up here for Doncaster Rover in the 3.35 at Newmarket. Was 25-1 in Hills about 20 mins ago, and currently 23 on Betfair. I know there have been a lot of £10 EW and £20 EW bets put on it up here, more than would usually be taken, so make of that what you will.

As I say, I have no knowledge about it at all apart from the amount of bets been taken and overhearing a couple of them saying 'yeah he says do it each way, it will be placed at least' and that type of thing.

Judging by todays jockey bookings it looks very much like this Barzalona kid will be riding Al Zarooni's horses and Dettori on Bin Suroor's... Two things really - 1) They must have gotten rid of the camel kid Ajtebi... Thank god and 2) Could this be the beginning of the end of Dettori's time as the Sheikh's no.1? Maybe not this year but they could well be priming this kid for it..

Judging by todays jockey bookings it looks very much like this Barzalona kid will be riding Al Zarooni's horses and Dettori on Bin Suroor's... Two things really - 1) They must have gotten rid of the camel kid Ajtebi... Thank god and 2) Could this be the beginning of the end of Dettori's time as the Sheikh's no.1? Maybe not this year but they could well be priming this kid for it..

Frankie for AP

Back