Today's Fancy

Getting back to Sanctuaire -I was at a Cheltenham preview in March and Ruby had to miss it because of Sanctuaire who was running that day.Ted turned up in his place and said that it was a long time since Ruby had so much trouble pulling up a winner as he did with Sanctuaire and he would have a great chance at the festival.I see his season revolving around the County Hurdle.

We had an interesting discussion about Sanctuaire back in early December I fancied him like mad for the County Hurdle but he didn't run.Top performance today but I didn't have a cent on.

I must say it makes a pleasant change for me to put a winner up on this thread, only just by Mandurah but I've had many short-head seconds so you take the smooth with the rough.

only had one bet today,Frequency in 4.50.Should be going for a hattrick here today,is in really good heart at the moment.Taken that this is a tougher race than the seller it won last time on the sand but if it handles the ground it will take all the beaten imo

Last edited:
I tell you what we'll do - we will put a few quid on for everyone altogether and send the winnings to your bank account - just post IBAN and account number please if that wouldn't be too much trouble!:D

Off to Fontwell tomorrow- not a great days racing but Peter Bowens won't be beaten in the third race.At Southwell 3.00 there's one of Brian Smarts I have been following Muqalad,I think he is a bit beter than he has shown so far.He has been fluffing his lines a bit leaving the stalls and emptying towards the end of his races but is definately getting stronger.If he gets out well today I think he could nick this at a half decent price around 6's i think currently.Good luck.

I tell you what we'll do - we will put a few quid on for everyone altogether and send the winnings to your bank account - just post IBAN and account number please if that wouldn't be too much trouble!:D
Make sure you're on BOG though OTB - the 6/1 shot I put up at Dundalk last Friday won at 16's! Gutted for non-BOG followers :(

Tom Dascombe runs Brown Panther tonight at Kempton (7.50) They tell me they have him fit and well, and he's ready to run a big race. We were given Marford Missile last week and he did the business, so hopefully this one can follow up. Tom’s horses are in decent form after a tough year last year when nothing went right for them. They do fear Parlour Games a little, and he looks the obvious danger. Al Zarooni’s 3 year olds have been in great form, but they'll be disappointed if Brown Panther doesn't win. Sorry for posting a bit late, he was 7/2 in places this morning and is now best-priced 9/4.

I've given Burnfort Girl one last go e/w 4 places @ 6/1 (Clonmel 7.35). Not a big bet by any means but she is a fair price being in good form and having conditions to suit this evening.

Promised myself I wouldn't get involved this week and wait for the monster bet on Sunday but couldn't resist Magical Memoir in the 6:00 at Clonmel. It's a 45-65 handicap over 2 miles which are to avoided like the plague BUT has improved a tonne since going hurdling - had the breeding profile to improve and taking this into account could have a stone or more in hand on the handicapper. There are a couple with similar profiles but this one is an each way bet at 6/1...:cool:

I like the look of Perfect Reward E/W in the 5.10 at Haydock. I'm a big fan of this jockey and can't see him out of the first three.

How in God's name is Sparkling view 13/8? In a race with any number of well bred horses, including one who is almost as well bred, AND has had a recent run where she finished second to what looks a very nice horse AND her rider claims 3. Ballroom is 4s (from a morning price of 6/4). Strange.

Last edited:
Drawn one in the box seat at Dundalk in a maiden with that breeding and left go off 12/1. I think it has relevance.

Yes, for the last day but clearly she surprised them and that is what should be taken into account for today, not what some small group of Dundalk punters think. Could you not say the same of many O'Brien horses?

I thought she looked green but was given a poor ride.

Last edited:
Back