Today's Fancy

Going to take a chance on Olofi in the Greatwood at 16/1. He was well fancied last time and was a bit disappointing in hindsight. Think he may have needed the run and with fitness on his side could be a nice ew steal. Anyone reading this beware though went to Cheltenham yesterday had 11 horses marked down to back for the day and ended up backing 2 one being Long Run they both lost the other 9 won!

I need my fucking head testing backing O'Neill horses and letting a Williams one go off at 16s unbacked. Furious with myself.

One Cool Tornado drifted alarmingly overnight, OTB. General 9's available now.

At this point the market is entirely at odds with my view of the race (I had One Cool Tornado in shorter than Mount Helicon!) which is frankly off-putting given my recent form. Nevertheless I have helped myself to some of the 9's e/w given the shape of the race.

has the ground gone against OCT?

Drumfire for me

Not sure if something went wrong with One Cool Tornado or if he is simply far more of a plodder than I thought.

Fair fucks to our own Rory Delargy by the way who gave the winner a very positive mention on Cheltenham Radio (Powered by Timeform and in association with the Punchestown Festival...).

Drumfire is a pig - chucked it bigtime - was completely wrong about him

Drumfire was in the saddling box for a long time and when he eventually came out he was throwing his head around.I had a fairly big place lay and thought he was really up against it today.don't think he is a pig-just a horse for the smaller tracks on better ground.

Drumfire was in the saddling box for a long time and when he eventually came out he was throwing his head around.I had a fairly big place lay and thought he was really up against it today.don't think he is a pig-just a horse for the smaller tracks on better ground.

Drumfire is another candidate for the length of sewer rod treatment - carries his head way too high to be able to jump effectively - Eoin Griffin thinks a lot of him - "he's a horse I think an awful lot of and he is the horse that I am most excited about. We cut him when we bought him and gave him seven months off. He was second to Profound Beauty on his first start for me and has been second on his two starts over hurdles, but I firmly believe that he will be a top class novice hurdler this season. He won't run for a few weeks , but once he sorts out his little jumping problems I can see jim getting three miles" hard to agree with that after today!!!

Not sure if something went wrong with One Cool Tornado or if he is simply far more of a plodder than I thought.

Fair fucks to our own Rory Delargy by the way who gave the winner a very positive mention on Cheltenham Radio (Powered by Timeform and in association with the Punchestown Festival...).

Ta very much - I can only apologise for the other 17 races. :p

Master of Arms looks a potentially big price in the 3.40 at Wolverhampton. Has always struck me as a better horse on polytrack (3 from 10 only twice unplaced) than turf (0 from 21, placed only twice) and the handicapper looks to have taken a big chance. He was well held on his first start for almost a year at Ffos Las but his mark was in freefall prior to that. Back at a course and distance where his record reads 121 and from a mark 7 lb lower than when last successful he looks worth a punt. Stadium of Light an obvious danger on his debut for an increasingly on the up yard with a step up to 2m likely to suit.

Master of Arms looks a potentially big price in the 3.40 at Wolverhampton. Has always struck me as a better horse on polytrack (3 from 10 only twice unplaced) than turf (0 from 21, placed only twice) and the handicapper looks to have taken a big chance. He was well held on his first start for almost a year at Ffos Las but his mark was in freefall prior to that. Back at a course and distance where his record reads 121 and from a mark 7 lb lower than when last successful he looks worth a punt. Stadium of Light an obvious danger on his debut for an increasingly on the up yard with a step up to 2m likely to suit.

I followed you in there dj..fingers crossed;)

Looked a plot today, but horse maybe not so good as he was? Disappointed to see him off the bridle so far out and it's a bit embarassing to get beat by Dart for a turn of foot! Should win a race this winter I'd think but that was the day for the fancy prices I reckon.

Looked a plot today, but horse maybe not so good as he was? Disappointed to see him off the bridle so far out and it's a bit embarassing to get beat by Dart for a turn of foot! Should win a race this winter I'd think but that was the day for the fancy prices I reckon.

Didn't see the race..I got matched at 7.8- 2.5 win/place ..returned 3-1:ninja:Wooh- almost a little beauty. Nice one dj:cool:

Thought he got a poor ride. Terrible position down the back and decided to go around, then changed minds and went back inside hoping for the run, in the mean time the winner was gone. Good tipping though, bang on the money with it.

Thought he got a poor ride. Terrible position down the back and decided to go around, then changed minds and went back inside hoping for the run, in the mean time the winner was gone. Good tipping though, bang on the money with it.

Are they paying out on second now or what?

Back