TV coverage

Even Balding will find it difficult to find the sentimental angle in a go kart race.

Whereas Alistair Down would have managed it without trying.

"The shade of blue on Nick Schofield's go kart helmet puts your humble correspondent in mind of the exact shade of azure worn by the great old Corinthian, Reminisce O'Platitude, on that fateful day forgotten by all but those of us who have been writing about racing since Cro-Magnon man first got into an arguement with his neighbouring cave dweller over whose mastodon was faster..."

"The shade of blue on Nick Schofield's go kart helmet puts your humble correspondent in mind of the exact shade of azure worn by the great old Corinthian, Reminisce O'Platitude, on that fateful day forgotten by all but those of us who have been writing about racing since Cro-Magnon man first got into an arguement with his neighbouring cave dweller over whose mastodon was faster..."

:D

Brilliant, Cruella!

:lol:

What a complete twunt Cunningham is: "what a story, comeback blah blah and ridden by a lad who lost his mother a few weeks ago. How could this story be any better?"

Well, presumably for Nico his mum could still be alive, you unfeeling wassock.

Coverage is often painful this week

mate told me that the "shrewdie" Tanya pointed out that one of the big handicaps race had had "only two favourites winning in last ten years" . Well given that it's generally 8/1 the field you plankhead.... Do I need to go on?

i don't like having a pop at her for no reason but this is desperately poor stuff.

How about Balding sticking her microphone under Sheehan's nose whilst Gretrex is giving him instructions. Cringing.

Every year until now I've watched all the build up, parade ring stuff and interviews on Racing Uk and then switched over to Ch4 for the race only as it was in HD but now Racing UK is in HD I have had no need to watch Ch4's shitty coverage and I've avoided Cunningham, Alice, Tanya and Clare for most of the week. I put the Morning Line on this morning and nearly put my foot through the screen when Alice used the term "Totes Emosh" to describe the Sprinter Sacre win. Totes Emosh FFS. :(
Much better listening to Lydia and co on RUK as they do a full in depth analysis and pick a race apart with several replays after. Haven't missed Ch4 one bit.

I don't subscribe to Racing Uk so watch C4 for the first 5 races and then find a stream on the internet for the last two. It is incredibly annoying that C4 show VT after VT until about 2 minutes before the race. Then it's a quick comment about a few in the parade ring by Cunningham & McGrath (obviously recorded footage), an advert and then oh **** we're off!

It's in stark contrast to Lydia & Steve Mellish having a good look at each runner in turn as they go down. Much prefer their coverage.

Lot of time for Francs, but it's stretching journalistic licence to the limits, to quote his absence as the reason for CH4 racing's demise.

Next time you go to work try doing it live in front of half a million people.

Seriously guys ?. Yes, they make mistakes and suffer from questionable production but FFS it's the greatest weeks racing of the year and all you want to talk about is how bad the TV coverage is.

I don't subscribe to Racing Uk so watch C4 for the first 5 races and then find a stream on the internet for the last two. It is incredibly annoying that C4 show VT after VT until about 2 minutes before the race. Then it's a quick comment about a few in the parade ring by Cunningham & McGrath (obviously recorded footage), an advert and then oh **** we're off!

It's in stark contrast to Lydia & Steve Mellish having a good look at each runner in turn as they go down. Much prefer their coverage.

If you have an android phone or tablet install uktvnow, the streams are perfect, and if you watch a lot pick up a Chromecast to stream to tv

If you have an android phone or tablet install uktvnow, the streams are perfect, and if you watch a lot pick up a Chromecast to stream to tv

Unfortunately I'm Apple based and my internet speed is just enough to stream it on my laptop. I nearly threw the f-ing thing across the lounge today when it froze as Cause Of Causes was making ground.

where would one find a stream for the last two races? aside from that android option - what did you use today bear?! any help would be great

I just typed 'cheltenham festival fre live stream' into Google. Cricfree.tv was the one I used. If you're line speed is good enough (mine isn't) you can often watch the race on the bookies site which you placed your bet with for free. Most of them have this facility but I don't think you can make it full screen.

I just typed 'cheltenham festival fre live stream' into Google. Cricfree.tv was the one I used. If you're line speed is good enough (mine isn't) you can often watch the race on the bookies site which you placed your bet with for free. Most of them have this facility but I don't think you can make it full screen.

I discovered Time4TV the other day. I do have Adblock Plus installed so I get a reasonable picture but with a message across it telling me I'll get it brighter and access to full-screen if I disable that but the trade-off is the ads coming up. I'm happy with the slightly duller picture. It's about 90 secs behind real time, though.

Quite possibly, Chromecast is the best home-entertainment piece of kit that I have ever bought. Ever!
For 30 quid, one can't go wrong. All sports channels -- Skysport, RUK, ATR -- and much, much more all for nuthin'.
Have to say I prefer using Mobdro to stream to Chromecast rather than Uktvnow; Mobdro has native support for chromecast -- just tap the icon, whereas Uktvnow needs a further downloadable utility (Web Video Caster) to work. Small issue only, tho'.

Back