TV coverage

Ice...

What kind of quality of picture do you get with that?

My b-i-l bought his maw (who lives with us) an Amazon Fire Stick pochled in some way or other to access "everythin' man" (via Kodi). I've tried but can access next to nothing.

I have a mobile phone (apple, I think - I inherited it from Mrs O when she got herself a new one) but don't know if it's 'smart' or 'android' or what, 'cos I'm a techie dinosaur.

D.O., picture quality is top notch -- and I'm on ~5 Mbps which is considered slow enough by today's standards.
Have to say, Chromecast IMHO is a much better option than Amazon FireStick -- no need for Kodi and it's also cheaper ! All it tkes on chromecast is a tap of the particular icon on the screen of your phone or laptop.
Once Chromecast is "set-up" -- kinda "married" to your modem/router -- it is a breeze to work.
Maybe why you're having difficulty with the B-I-L's rig is that your phone or laptop has not been tethered to it. Could be also the age/vintage of the phone you are using. Chromecast, for instance, will only work with Samsung S4 and upwards. (The list of compatible phones is available on the chromecast website.
Sorry, I cannot advise re Apple devices; knowing nothing as I do about them. :)

D.O., picture quality is top notch -- and I'm on ~5 Mbps which is considered slow enough by today's standards.
Have to say, Chromecast IMHO is a much better option than Amazon FireStick -- no need for Kodi and it's also cheaper ! All it tkes on chromecast is a tap of the particular icon on the screen of your phone or laptop.
Once Chromecast is "set-up" -- kinda "married" to your modem/router -- it is a breeze to work.
Maybe why you're having difficulty with the B-I-L's rig is that your phone or laptop has not been tethered to it. Could be also the age/vintage of the phone you are using. Chromecast, for instance, will only work with Samsung S4 and upwards. (The list of compatible phones is available on the chromecast website.
Sorry, I cannot advise re Apple devices; knowing nothing as I do about them. :)

Many thanks, Icebreaker.

The b-i-l has not said anything about the Fire Stick/Kodi thingy being tethered to a mobile phone. He got it for his mother and she doesn't have a mobile.

My phone is an apple, apparently, about 3 years old (maybe four).

"More horses lose races going for home to soon than leaving it late, despite what betting shop punters will tell you." Jim Mcgrath

LOL same old 'Im a superior specimen' stuff from Jimbo.

Last edited:
"More horses lose races going for home to soon than leaving it late, despite what betting shop punters will tell you." Jim Mcgrath

LOL same old 'Im a superior specimen' stuff from Jimbo.

I don't mind them being superior if they're right, though :)

you need to get a PVR that can pause live TV first DO..then you can miss all the go karting out easily:)

A couple of Humaxes are on the shopping list for spending the week's winnings.

Looks like they'll need to wait till Aintree :(

Who won the go carting ?

I suppose it had a hill and sharp bends so it resembled Cheltenham if like Claire you wanted to broaden your sports coverage horizon.

Bring back the tipping pigs is what I say; and to think they wonder why they lost coverage of racing !

Excellent piece on The Morning Line today following Sir AP over the fences. Credit where it's due.

What a beautiful jumper of those fences Hello Bud is and thanks to connections for letting him partake.

I thought the RacingUK pictures yesterday seemed "blurred" during the races when the horses were at the far end of either straight, so watched the Topham on C4, will probably watch the GN itself on C4 but steering well clear of C4 for the rest of the day.

I thought the RacingUK pictures yesterday seemed "blurred" during the races when the horses were at the far end of either straight, so watched the Topham on C4, will probably watch the GN itself on C4 but steering well clear of C4 for the rest of the day.

Watching RUK has a huge advantage in that you can avoid the nauseating sight of Alice Plunkett indulging her weird fetish for grabbing hold of the winning jockey's riding boots and gripping tight which she has taken to whole new levels this week.

I don't know what she or her producers think it adds but I sincerely hope she doesn't land a job with ITV next year.

RUK cameras decided to focus on a group of revellers sitting in the rain. Some whopper jumped in and gesticulated masturbation. Poor Lydia was stuck for words

Back