TV coverage

I've been watching RUK but the picture was looking as reliable as Labaik so I switched to ITV for the last race there. Commentary was the usual annoying bang average shite (but honestly better than the clown who does the RUK ones) as was the post-race euphoric interview with Jacob but next thing up we get Gleason feigning enthusiasm for the betting then herself coming on to ask if a horse knows it's won, indulged by AP. Cue immediate switch back to RUK for the analysis.

As an aside, I've never worked with horses but I know they are intelligent animals. I reckon just as a dog understands that it has pleased its owner (and wants to go on pleasing its owner as it feeds off the positive response it gets) so I'd be pretty sure a horse understands when it's being made a fuss of and will want to go on 'deserving' the extra attention.

Last edited:
Brilliant! And not far wrong either! She used to ride out all the best horses in the yard while I was there and what was unusual was that the girls in the yard were not allowed anywhere near the colts but Sarah used to always ride the colts - and be up at the front of the string with all the older lads swarming around her. My mother never quite forgave her for referring to me as "the girl" in a TV interview when the filly I led up had won and pulled a shoe off (I was seen carrying shoe back in to winners enclosure). "Girl??!!" She screamed at the TV, "She's got a f*cking name!" In fact I don't think she remotely bothered about our existence in the yard - which was odd really because her husband certainly did......:whistle:

I just spat all over my laptop again :lol:

You guys are keeping Currys in business haha.

Brilliant! And not far wrong either! She used to ride out all the best horses in the yard while I was there and what was unusual was that the girls in the yard were not allowed anywhere near the colts but Sarah used to always ride the colts - and be up at the front of the string with all the older lads swarming around her. My mother never quite forgave her for referring to me as "the girl" in a TV interview when the filly I led up had won and pulled a shoe off (I was seen carrying shoe back in to winners enclosure). "Girl??!!" She screamed at the TV, "She's got a f*cking name!" In fact I don't think she remotely bothered about our existence in the yard - which was odd really because her husband certainly did......:whistle:

A young friend rode out there last summer. Fell in love with one particular mare she looked after but really didn't enjoy her time there, and she's one of the nicest young people around. Said she felt very uncomfortable there.

I was introduced to Ms Cumani at Cheltenham this year. Don't watch her on telly so can't comment on her professional worthiness, but by Gawd she is one good looking human being close up. I met JinnyJ the same day. Cumani is nearly in her league, TBH.

I was introduced to Ms Cumani at Cheltenham this year. Don't watch her on telly so can't comment on her professional worthiness, but by Gawd she is one good looking human being close up. I met JinnyJ the same day. Cumani is nearly in her league, TBH.[/]

and then there was me - a huge disappointment[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was introduced to Ms Cumani at Cheltenham this year. Don't watch her on telly so can't comment on her professional worthiness, but by Gawd she is one good looking human being close up. I met JinnyJ the same day. Cumani is nearly in her league, TBH.[/]

and then there was me - a huge disappointment[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scale to rate you Trudji has not yet been invented. Arkle's 212 is the only comparator that comes to mind

Last edited:
What an absolute bellend Chapman is, Davy finishes interview with Lydia Hislop for RUK, is being ushered away by a lady official to the next commitment when Chapman appears and drags him away from her, pulls him on to the presentation stage and takes a selfie with Davy and the trophy, leaving said lady with her mouth open in amazement.

Just started watching yesterday's recording. The first thing I'm reminded of is how many of the assembled group at the family party were complaining about the betting show not going past one page. We had the prices of horses up to 16/1 or 20/1 and then it was 20/1 or 22/1 bar and we never saw any more horses. I don't recall seeing a full show of betting in the final minutes before the race. The family were saying where's my horse in the betting, what price is my horse, etc, (expecting me to know!!)

With HD coming into play as well one must wonder what the Irish racing authorities think of their move to RUK now.
Subscription based exposure versus a front and center "free" racing channel with state of the art production facilities, where their top level racing would have been the crown jewel.

Fitzy working at Uttoxeter today and my other half reckons he hasn't been at Ascot all week, is he not with ITV anymore ?

Back