TV coverage

In the space of 15 minutes ITV have come up with four different pronunciations of the name, not of a newly arrived apprentice, but of a senior jockey who happens to be topping the table in Britain this season. Frankly, that is disgraceful.

Admittedly there are two accepted ways of pronouncing it, but surely someone can ask Oisin Murphy which version of his name he favours?

See "Sky Sports Racing" have been advertising for new presenters...which could mean a few of the present ATR team are not going to be transferred over in 2019

Twitterage from Richard Forristal, editor of RP in Ireland, to the effect that under new RUK deal starting January, coverage of Irish racing will be switched solely to online platform.

Last edited:
If it's true what an absolute shitter for irish racing and what questions will have to be answered by HRI

Whole thing has hummed from the start. How were they ever going to dovetail full coverage of all Irish meetings with their existing commitments without creating another channel....?

It is utter stupidity. Why does racing attract people who can only think short-term? Do they actually have 5 and 10 year plans, and if so do they consider what implications this kind of decision means for them.

On a practical, and purely selfish level, the biggest change for me will be no longer being able to access the free replay service via the ATR app for study/analysis purposes.

Can't see them offering anything like that up for nowt...

Racing replays ill likely be available via SL replays I'd hope

I've heard nothing to the contrary but wouldn't surprise me if they reigned it in to force people to pay the £30 per month subscription.

Is there an android SL app? Haven't been able to Google Play Store or anywhere else for that matter...

that's a bit better but will still wait and see

Still all sounds a bit loose and fluffy at the edges bearing in mind they'll be 'on air' in 17 weeks.

And still no mention of how they're going to physically crowbar a bin bag full of content into a jam jar......

I can't imagine they're true, and they don't seem to square with this data. If I'm interpreting it correctly it means 5.3% of the viewing population wathced ATR at some point during June and that it's overall audience share was 0.3%, which doesn't sound great but seems to be comparable to other sports channels:

https://www.tamireland.ie/downloads/march-reach-and-share-figures/

Last edited:
I think the "reach " means how many people have it available to watch rather than watched it. (could be wrong though)

Back