TV coverage

I’ll be in Italy during Irish Champions, St Leger and Arc trials weekend. RUK replays work abroad (just not the live TV) but does anybody know about ATR - or another site where I’ll be able to catch the replays? I’ll be out during the day so not fussed about watching it live.

I’ll try iPad VPN and the ATR website but there’s no guarantee they still wont detect my location.

Richard Hoiles up to his idiotic pronunciation again today.

This from the man who decided Lagostovegas was pronounced 'LA goes to Vegas'...

'Elegiac' is pronounced 'elly-jy-ac'.

Furfuxake man. Get a fuckin grip o' yersel.

I've just posted this as a reply to Seb Vance:

Regarding the cost of ATR versus RUK, I'm not sure you're aware that many TV packages in Ireland include ATR as one of the channels in their standard offer and therefore to many people it genuinely does cost nothing to receive it.

Second, given the extra revenue you're going to be receiving why don't you just pony up for a second channel as back-up so that you can cope with the extra volume of coverage you will be expected to provide? I don't understand why you would pay for (virtually) all the best content available and then choose not to package it properly.

Finally, a word of advice: next time you're not sure whether a statement is a casual stereotype or not, keep well away from it.

I love watching a big field handicap 5f to a mile with usually an exciting finish.id rather watch them than watching a 4 horse race with an odds on favourite just because its a group race,but just recently it seemsthat the hcaps are put back to after itv have gone off air.
The 425y today,the abbaye last sunday are just a couple.very disappointing.

Unfortunately the tv coverage of the Abbaye from the new Longchamp is just as lousy as it always was. All you get to see for most of the race is a string of horses moving across the horizon on the far side of a car park. Then they switch to a close-up on the front runner going into the final furlong and miss all the horses trying to come through late on.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the tv coverage of the Abbaye from the new Longchamp is still just as lousy as it always was. All you get to see for most of the race is a string of horses moving across the horizon on the far side of a car park.

Take some solace from the fact that it's even worse on course. The new infield area they've built completely blocks it from view.

It really beggars belief.

Back