TV coverage

Ger Lyons on the replays issue

[FONT=&quot]Ger Lyons@gerlyonsracing<small class="time" style="font-size: 14px; color: rgb(101, 119, 134); margin-right: 5px; white-space: nowrap;"> 16m16 minutes ago</small><button class="ProfileTweet-actionButton u-textUserColorHover dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle" type="button" aria-haspopup="true" style="color: rgb(101, 119, 134); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 16px; line-height: 1; font-family: inherit; margin: 0px; overflow: visible; cursor: pointer; background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; padding-top: 2px; padding-right: 9px; padding-left: 9px; transition: box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out 0s; position: relative;">More
</button>

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I’m being told (rightly or wrongly) that it’s RUK/HRI that have caused this loss of replays. If this is so then all players(Owners ,jockeys, trainers) need to withhold all access until this situation is rectified. We can’t be pawns in their fights.
[/FONT]

How 'live' is 'live'?

I have RUK and it is several seconds behind the real 'live' action. Even terrestrial TV has a slight delay. For that reason I never do in-play betting on the horses, only very occasionally at the football.

RUK on a Sky dish is c. 1 second from live.

As reliable a platform for betting in running as you could get.

Terrestrial TV far greater delay.

Living in the US I am subscribing to the Racing UK International Anywhere site as I am not 'allowed' to access the Racing UK/Racing TV site. This site isn't cheap at 29.95 pounds a month and I was thinking of cancelling as I can get race replays on other sites and also live races albeit with the likelihood of split screens on those other sites. However, listening to these comments it does seem that this site may be different inasmuch as they have a dedicated Irish Racing channel (well..at least they did yesterday). On the main channel you got the main Racing TV coverage (with the split screens and the replays of some of the Irish races). However, on the Irish Racing channel there was full coverage of every race together with trainer and paddock interviews. I was pleasantly surprised to have this option and it was very well presented. Reading the comments on this site and also some in various publications, it seems like this coverage wasn't available in the UK/Ireland. Perhaps it was and everyone is just referring to TV coverage as opposed to on-line coverage; in which case, sorry to waste your time. However, if it wasn't available then the Racing UK International Everywhere coverage (which, i believe is available to UK/Irish residents) may be an option.

pdleech,
This option is indeed available to Uk/Ire subscribers. Very accomplished too.

They have tried to market this facility but many just want to watch in traditional set-top form.

RUK on a Sky dish is c. 1 second from live.

As reliable a platform for betting in running as you could get.

One second is five or six lengths in a sprint, almost 10% of a furlong. By the time you add on the seconds taken for a bet to be processed the shape of the race could have changed completely.

That's far too risky for someone like me.

Thats very helpful :rolleyes:

I am trying to. I was asked what the delay was off ruk and live, I know as I do some in-running when time permits.

If there was anything along the lines of the upload delay suggested (7 seconds), I certainly wouldn't nor would countless others who bet off in running.

I am trying to. I was asked what the delay was off ruk and live, I know as I do some in-running when time permits.

If there was anything along the lines of the upload delay suggested (7 seconds), I certainly wouldn't nor would countless others who bet off in running.

Apologies I may have misinterpreted the reply

Shame the 2nd horse in the 12.15 Sandown was beaten so far that ITV never needed to mention it when showing the finish. I was looking forward to the pronunciation [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] @ fukuto

Racing typically does itself no favours with the 1.50 sandown

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I watched it on RUK. Simon Holt (so much better than anybody on the ITV team) was quite clear in pronouncing it foo-koo-toe.

The 2.35 race at Newcastle on Saturday was called "Watch Sky Sports Racing HD on Virgin435 Handicap Chase". Leaving aside that the channel number on Virginmedia is 535, how can they call the race that when according to both Sky and Virginmedia, Sky Sports Racing will NOT be broadcast in HD on Virginmedia ?

The 2.35 race at Newcastle on Saturday was called "Watch Sky Sports Racing HD on Virgin435 Handicap Chase". Leaving aside that the channel number on Virginmedia is 535, how can they call the race that when according to both Sky and Virginmedia, Sky Sports Racing will NOT be broadcast in HD on Virginmedia ?

Because they're lying, cheating basterts?

Agreed, could not give adequate coverage today.

RTV tried to make out New Years Day was a one off with 6 meetings.

Summer will be fun, just checked first Saturday in July - 9 meetings

Back