TV coverage

Does anyone else think the main coverage should have been from Chepstow rather than Kempton today? Poor ITV not to make the Welsh National the main meeting today.

The Welsh National was one a big race in among a pile of shite. Kempton had three or four valuable races. However, I would have had no complaint if they'd made Chepstow the focus.

Jane Mangan is very good on TV and also on the pod even when dealing with the insufferable Kennedy

Funny I think she's a tough listen and pretty limited in terms of any insight offered.

Better than Harrington but that's not saying much.

The one excellent addition to RTV imv (along with Ruby) has been Fran Berry, he reads a race very well and also puts in the work.

Chapman. "Willie Mullins would run Faugheen in a seller if he thought he would win it."

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Zero didn’t exist as a number when calendars were originally invented so the first year was a ‘1’

But officially every 1st January is the start of the next decade because a decade is simply a period of any ten years.

It’s more commonly accepted nowadays though that a new decade starts on 1st January ending with a zero

Last edited:
The first year is year 1. The tenth year is year 10. Ergo, the tenth year of this decade decade is 2020 just as the first year of the millennium was 2001 and not 2000.

I can understand why the vast majority will see it differently but logic dictates that the last year of a decade will end in 0.

Of course your interpretation may be 100 percent correct but its not logical to say that 1960 was part of the 50s etc.

If you can understand why the vast majority view it differently (and the same as Oli bell) I'd suggest that it's hardly the worst rick he made in the hour long programme. You wouldn't have to wait to long in any case.

Of course your interpretation may be 100 percent correct but its not logical to say that 1960 was part of the 50s etc.

If you can understand why the vast majority view it differently (and the same as Oli bell) I'd suggest that it's hardly the worst rick he made in the hour long programme. You wouldn't have to wait to long in any case.

You're 100% right on all counts, HW. I was being entirely pedantic as it reminded me of a very similar debate on here at the millennium.

As for Oily Bell, I had got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning after a disturbed night and had just tuned in when he made the remark. I hadn't even started my weetabix.

Not technically TV

But Kevin Blake has had the sense to move on from the FF podcast

With increasingly sporadic input from the likes of Delargy and Keenan it's been haemorraghing gravitas for a while. Scrabbling around for sub standard stand-ins for best part of 12 months now. Get the feeling that occasional weightier contributors like Jane Mangan are slightly embarassed by some of Kennedy's insistent infantile 'in' joking. Shame.

Last edited:
Yep

Kennedy has run it into the ground

For something that was somewhat innovative and entertaining, it's now a car crash with a juvenile, undersexed, creepy, adolescent host

Good contributors like Rory, Blake, Keenan and Jane Mangan rightly have had enough

Last edited:
What's Natalie Green's background and qualifications for being on the programme today (and seemingly in future)?

Does she have a racing background? Journalism?

Is she just a female version of the young guy wheeled out at the festival meetings?

What's Natalie Green's background and qualifications for being on the programme today (and seemingly in future)?

Does she have a racing background? Journalism?

Is she just a female version of the young guy wheeled out at the festival meetings?

No idea, anyone’s better than that Francessca Cumani though.

Think the other lad is Chris Hughes, he’s actually oright. Very knowledgeable and has rode horses out before and is involved in one as well I think. Don’t mind him.

She was working at the Liverpool horse show this week, reporting and interviewing for the tv coverage - so must have some credentials ( and probably better than most who have tried over the years)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I Googled her and she seems to have done quite a bit of presenting especially at Doncaster? Well looking at her Twatter account. And she has retrained an Ex-racer. No idea if she’s worked in racing though. I thought she was OKish but not overly sure why they need her? They have Alice and SallyAnn who seem far better qualified?

Sally Ann is over at meydan though I think? So maybe she’s a temporary replacement for that?

We’ll find out in due course I’m sure :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kudos to ‘The Racing Blogger’

Been in Ireland over a week and getting great coverage of all the big yards, all with interviews. Gets a lot a **** that lad, mainly for napping odds on losers, but his enthusiasm and hard work can’t be questioned. He’ll end up on one of the big channels soon enough, and probably rightly so.

Well this summers coverage could be interesting. It seems Oli has dumped the fragrant Francesca and hooked up with the Head Turner. Who of course was responsible for the breakdown of Jamie and Emma Spencer’s marriage. Mmmmm.

Well this summers coverage could be interesting. It seems Oli has dumped the fragrant Francesca and hooked up with the Head Turner. Who of course was responsible for the breakdown of Jamie and Emma Spencer’s marriage. Mmmmm.

Surely it's usually more than one person that's responsible for the breakdown of a marriage?

Back