TV coverage

Epic Luck on Sunday today -guests included Patrick Vietch and Michael Dickinson-two great interviews.This is the golden age for racing on tv.

Agree fully with all comments on Nick luck

He has made that show his own and his bosses have allowed him to be himself and push his guests

Hands down the best Racing coverage on tv/radio/podcast on a weekly basis

To some of the older posters on here - In a way Nick luck reminds me of what i imagine hamm would of been like in real life

Luke Harvey laughing like a hyena on Get In last night, when Ted Walsh said Martin Blackshaw had been killed not that long after riding Churchtown Boy in the National but that his death had nothing to do with the National - Bizarre

Last edited:
Matt Chapman has just put up a list of GN fancies that includes Auvergnat. DG has posted in the GN thread that the trainer has ruled the horse out. What a tool Chapman is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awful stuff from ITV today

Ms Cumani back talking a load of cobblers, and looking like she didn’t want to be there...as it was cold

Harvey saying Clan a horse who has to be produced late will “make the running “ !

Awful stuff from ITV today

Ms Cumani back talking a load of cobblers, and looking like she didn’t want to be there...as it was cold

Harvey saying Clan a horse who has to be produced late will “make the running “ !

We wondered why she was there? It wasn't cold either. Nicholls on fire. And what a nice young man Harry Derham is.

I noticed in the ITV credits that Tanya Stevenson is still involved in Terrestrial coverage as their “Statistician “....

I noticed in the ITV credits that Tanya Stevenson is still involved in Terrestrial coverage as their “Statistician “....

Resisting all all efforts to push her off the gravy train.Having read a few items that she has written I shudder to think what she produces as statistics -I won't even ask what her qualifications are.

A more general point on coverage. I know today was a busy day with good racing on, but there is no news story on RP or ATR regarding Blackmore riding a treble at Gowran today (with townend getting a winner also).

Maybe it is just me, but I am finding this battle to be a really interesting theme/story of the season yet it seems to have gotten very little coverage since Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

A more general point on coverage. I know today was a busy day with good racing on, but there is no news story on RP or ATR regarding Blackmore riding a treble at Gowran today (with townend getting a winner also).

Maybe it is just me, but I am finding this battle to be a really interesting theme/story of the season yet it seems to have gotten very little coverage since Christmas.

When the main broadcaster doesn't even show all the fixtures races it doesn't bode well for racing media attention elsewhere

Yes, I agree with every word from Mr O'Leary. It's not as if this problem wasn't foreseen and the excuse provided by RTV is not acceptable. Basically they are saying they had too many meetings to cover. If they want to hog all the best content then it's up to them to make efforts to display it properly. The obvious option is to use a second channel.

What is the point of importing a team of 'big name' analysts if on big race days, when you would expect viewers to be looking to draw on their expertise the most, all you're going to do is simply rack races up back-to-back leaving no time to even introduce runners and riders in most cases?

Saturday was the first time I'd tuned into the channel for a 'full sitting' and I was slack-jawed at the way they thought they could honestly get away with this ****.

Ironically the only time they will properly use the Irish presenters will be at Cheltenham!!

Just looking at the other meetings Festival Week

Tuesday all clear

Wednesday clash with Huntingdon and Kempton (first race 5.45pm)

Thursday all clear

Friday clash with Chelmsford (first race 6pm)

Could be worse I suppose

Last edited:
The one great thing about festival coverage is they take in the aerial blimp shots beautifully.

Some of the recent side on coverage of Irish racing on RTV has made it difficult to view

Last edited:
Back