What are you backing Today? Part 2

Sandown:
The 3.50 is an ultra hot handicap and I've dutched Migdam and Vee Sight. The former was my biggest bet at Goodwood and although he's got an outside draw it'll mean they'll hold him up and that might suit him better. Vee Sight is a c/d winner, is drawn close to Migdam and may get behind early doors but he flew home at Goodwood for fourth in that same race and with a stronger jockey and a stiffer track here he's solid.

Lingfield:
Morgan Fairy went into my tracker when she beat today's winner impressive fllies handicap winner State Occasion at Newbury last month in a race where she not only beat the Beckett filly, she covered way more ground in doing so. She was beaten at odds-on in a crappy three runner Yarmouth handicap subsequently but that means 3/1 is available for the 6.50 tomorrow. Of course, the fav is a James Tate horse so with Royal Aclaim in mind it's very apt if he beats mine. When you're going bad a little touch of perversity always seems to rear it's head.

Really like Captain Square in the 4.35 Newton Abbot tomorrow.

Geeting all the allowances and looks well treated on 103. Tom Lacey stable is on fire and he has a fine 23% strike rate with horses running in a hcap for the first time.

9/4 with Ladbrokes seems big to me, was expecting 6/4 or shorter.

Away from York Chimed has been brought along slowly by Stoute and is having his first handicap run at Newcastle this evening - 6:29. Bit of money for him overnight and 5/1 atm from 13/2.

Finished up 2/1jf and ran ok, but had no answer to Simply Sondheim who has come from 56 to 76 (more after this) this season and didn’t look as if some more would trouble him.

Three for Sunday:

Sharp Combo - 3.06 Yarmouth 7/2 Win

The Thin Blue Line - 4.12 Sandown 12/1 Ew

Tommy G -5.12 Sandown - 18/1 Ew

reasoning to be found on my blog

Last edited:
Benefit runs in the fillies 6f Group 3 at Naas. I like the price (5s) but obvs slightly worried about her start as she got upset at Goodwood before the Oak Tree and was withdrawn. She's got behind and found the line coming too soon at Haydock and York this season and that's why I was so keen on her over 7 at Goodwood. Naas is a stiff track and that is ideal.

Had a small ew on Marks Bear 2.45B 14/1 B365
He's in my tracker as "lousy draw, last 3 runs". He's drawn 8 of 8 tomorrow, but tbh Brighton's a quirky track, and I'm not certain that's as bad as it appears?

Had a small ew on Marks Bear 2.45B 14/1 B365
He's in my tracker as "lousy draw, last 3 runs". He's drawn 8 of 8 tomorrow, but tbh Brighton's a quirky track, and I'm not certain that's as bad as it appears?
Clearly, the draw does matter in Brighton sprints and, like a lot of poorly-drawn horses ,it was decided not to put him in the race.
his luck will change, one day.

No interest today, post-York and all that, but hard to believe 5 meetings today, and none on the level. Are the BHA aware it's still Summer, ffs?

On a mission to recoup losses I am backing the obvious Masked Matkill 3Star***Evens (2.1 and 2.08 Betfair)

Keep your eye open for the unraced DOOM this week. Get on early if you can.:)

Last edited:
On a mission to recoup losses I am backing the obvious Masked Matkill 3Star***Evens (2.1 and 2.08 Betfair)

Keep your eye open for the unraced DOOM this week. Get on early if you can.:)

I thought you were excused boots ‘til Christmas, tan :) GL with the mission.

Saveda bit backing 2nd fav in running........mine was beaten after 2 hurdles......worst jumper of a hurdle I have seen in along time..surely the trainer must have had some idea?

Wed:
Asaassi was quietly fancied for the 10f handicap that Warren Point won at the Goodwood meeting and although he was disappointing I think we can give him a pass given that he was short of room 2f out when tracking Migdam on the far side and his jockey went easy on him after that. He's in an 11f handicap at Kempton tomorrow and whilst I was happy to take the 7/2 Hills offered this morning Bet365 have gone way too big at 9/2 and I think that's even bettable each way despite the small field.

I thought Qoya was up for it on her first handicap run at Windsor when up in distance, but she was a bit hampered and got unbalanced a furlong out. To be fair, it didn’t look as though she was going to feature anyway. Next and last time at Newcastle she again got involved in some argy-bargy around a furlong out and although she burst through she couldn’t reach leaders. She’s just about weighted to be with the winner of that race today and I’m hoping for a clean run this time. 7:30 Kempton tomorrow. 4/1 atm

I thought Qoya was up for it on her first handicap run at Windsor when up in distance, but she was a bit hampered and got unbalanced a furlong out. To be fair, it didn’t look as though she was going to feature anyway. Next and last time at Newcastle she again got involved in some argy-bargy around a furlong out and although she burst through she couldn’t reach leaders. She’s just about weighted to be with the winner of that race today and I’m hoping for a clean run this time. 7:30 Kempton tomorrow. 4/1 atm
Cheers, BJ - folllowed you in.

Wise Eagle 3.20M
Outpaced in the sprint finish consolation race, on Plate day, he was never going to have the 12f speed for that class,latest.
Well drawn & has the best of pilots, he'll love the ground and the extended distance.
9/4 B365

Wise Eagle 3.20M
Outpaced in the sprint finish consolation race, on Plate day, he was never going to have the 12f speed for that class,latest.
Well drawn & has the best of pilots, he'll love the ground and the extended distance.
9/4 B365

Nice one, reet. And Qoya obliged for us, too. Can’t be bad :)

Aphelios, 3:45 Carlisle tomorrow, has been peppering the winning post, although being the first one there only the once. Showed his best form when going down by a nose nine days ago and is due to go up 4lbs after this. 2/1 atm

Aphelios, 3:45 Carlisle tomorrow, has been peppering the winning post, although being the first one there only the once. Showed his best form when going down by a nose nine days ago and is due to go up 4lbs after this. 2/1 atm

Backed it earlier @ 9/4 (B365). Great minds, eh. :)

Back