What are you backing Today? Part 2

Post Impressionist 2.05B
Reportedly ran green in a hot 12f contest at Royal Ascot, but met constant interference from his outside draw, and probably didn't stay anyway.
Dropped back in trip at Chester, he was an odds-on disappointment, but Stevie Donohue must have reported a wind issue, as a tongue tie is added today.
It's also telling that SD travels for the single ride today, so better is clearly expected.
9/4 B365

I haven't done any work for today so this is just hunch/gut punting but I've taken Adam Kirby's four mounts at Newmarket in an each-way yankee. Looks like Clive Cox is happy for him to go there to ride for other stables when he could have asked him to ride Tis Marvellous in Beverley's big race. One of his rides is for Godolphin so maybe he has a contract with them that supersedes his one with Cox. (I don't keep track of these things.)

Too much racing today. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop dashing from shelf to shelf and unable to concentrate on any one thing.

To judge from the entries Breege is aiming high and may be one to ruffle the feathers of the strong favourite today on her first try at 7f - 1:50 Goodwood 5/1 atm.

11-09-22 CUR 15:00 MOYGLARE STUD STAKES (Group 1) 7f
23-09-22 NMJ 15:00 AL BASTI EQUIWORLD, DUBAI ROCKFEL STAKES (Group 2) (1) 7f
01-10-22 RED 15:35 WILLIAM HILL TWO YEAR OLD TROPHY (Listed) (1) 5f 217y
07-10-22 NMJ 15:35 bet365 FILLIES’ MILE (Group 1) (1) 1m

result: the favourite was shaken, but not stirred. Breege comfortably best of the rest.

Last edited:
Post Impressionist 2.05B
Reportedly ran green in a hot 12f contest at Royal Ascot, but met constant interference from his outside draw, and probably didn't stay anyway.
Dropped back in trip at Chester, he was an odds-on disappointment, but Stevie Donohue must have reported a wind issue, as a tongue tie is added today.
It's also telling that SD travels for the single ride today, so better is clearly expected.
9/4 B365

Kitsune Power is in my tracker but I was put off betting him because of PI's presence (always fear a Shirt in this kind of small field handicap) and the step up in trip given the stiff nature of the finish at Beverley. Surprised Kitsune has usurped him as fav.

What a gruesome day :surrender: Not enough that my three selections went down - two without trace -, but I’m ashamed to report that I totally lost it and started throwing money about on whichever race I watched - with the inevitable result, of course. Many, many years since I behaved like that. Stupid pillock.

It's been a **** flat season and I honestly think unless you have a nice stable of trackers you're fucked. The group races have been horrendous - look at that just now at Windsor - Regal Reality. **** off.

Korker - 10s and 8s on down about a 7/2 shot. Fair enough, he's quirky.
Great Ambassador - 4/1. Not a big bet and I was in two minds given a much bigger bet for Ayr. Best horse in race, lost because the weak jock couldn't keep him straight.

Kitsune Power. Tracker horse, didn't really want to get involved with the trip question. Doubled him with Majestic Dawn.
Kitsune wins double going onto MD. Only danger is surely the fav - have a cover bet on Grocer Jack. And of course Regal cnuting Reality actually shows up for once. The gigantic twat of a horse.

The trackers have saved me this season, the group races have been terrible.

A friend and I were coming back from LBB today and came off the motorway behind Willie Muirs' horsebox on the way to Windsor: 'ooh ooh I say, should always back a horse if you're following the horsebox. We adjourned to a nearby pub, she logs on to her PP account, says you do it, I don't know what I am doing. I found Snapcracklepop in the 7.05 at Windsor, put £10 to win she says. Really? Yes go on. Just had a text saying he had won. See no science necessary, just follow a horsebox!! :)

Onward and upward. Serious Look - 5:0 Beverley tomorrow - had a fine debut run at Newcastle where he raced in the lead only to become meat in the sandwich between two race experienced rivals at the death. To be fair it did look as though he would have been held by those two, although he was pretty heavily hampered. 7/4 atm.

An enquiry was held to consider the placings in this race after interference occurred approaching the line, when SHAHBAZ (IRE), placed second, ridden by Callum Rodriguez, interfered with SERIOUS LOOK (IRE), placed third, ridden by Ryan Sexton. The Stewards considered that the interference had not improved SHABAZ (IRE)’s placing, as the interference occurred shortly before the line, at which point SERIOUS LOOK (IRE) was already held in third place, with the distance between second and third place being 3/4 of a length. The interference was found to be accidental as SHAHBAZ (IRE) hung quickly right-handed as the rider used his whip once and then was quickly corrected.

….must have meant downward

Last edited:
Harderst thing todo today is workout which one of William Buicks mounts will lose. If Any!

A 5 timer is on the cards but 4 will do :)

Bets of them has to be Happy Power

Back