What are you backing Today? Part 2

Aphelios, 3:45 Carlisle tomorrow, has been peppering the winning post, although being the first one there only the once. Showed his best form when going down by a nose nine days ago and is due to go up 4lbs after this. 2/1 atm
Just clocked, he's also entered for the 4.54 at Newmarket, Friday in a 0.90; wins easy today & with a penalty tomorrow? :)

Last edited:
Newcastle 8.15.

I thought Natural Path might be destined for high class handicaps earlier this season. A classic case of me jumping the gun. However, he runs today after a good third the last day when wearing first time visors, which looked like a return to some of his best form, and hopefully wearing that again today can get a little bit more from him. He was close to State Occasion on some all weather form from earlier this year and so maybe Natural Path can get his head in front today at a fair price. He should go from the front and hopefully will be hard to catch over 6F on this surface.

Last edited:
Bloody Hell, reet, what’s going on on. I backed that a few hours ago! ;)

25/08/2022 10:51:15
.Royal Parade

If the Gosden’s are bringing him along slowly then it’s going to be some time before he races with the pack at this level, let alone head them. Terrible.

Thirsk 2.55

Asad Jumeriah has some good form in class three's and fours so the step up in class from his last run at Haydock shouldn't be a problem.

I am kind of hoping he might win this on the bridle and then go for a Ayr Bronze Cup or even Ayr Silver Cup but that would be jumping the gun again on my behalf.

He is entered for Ayr but obviously we only get the Bronze Cup entries and final decs nearer the time.

He may find more improvement now gelded and has every chance tomorrow at Thirsk. The winner of his race the last day at Haydock, Devils Angel, ran well enough at Sandown next time out, when coming from the back to finish fifth, to make me think that Asad Jumeriah's recent form is indeed worth its salt.

He needs to improve a length or two or three from the last run but there's every chance he will.

Last edited:
Change in going causing me to keep powder dry for a bit longer. Hoping the market would speak in relation to a couple of trackers, but it’s silent as yet. Probably just go with Frequent Flyer 2:10 FL although price is a skinny 6/4.

I'm a bit concerned about the draw but 7 around Thirsk may suit Admiral D and I've backed him at 11/2 for the 3.30. The fav seems a hype horse.

Thirsk 2.55

Asad Jumeriah has some good form in class three's and fours so the step up in class from his last run at Haydock shouldn't be a problem.

I am kind of hoping he might win this on the bridle and then go for a Ayr Bronze Cup or even Ayr Silver Cup but that would be jumping the gun again on my behalf.

He is entered for Ayr but obviously we only get the Bronze Cup entries and final decs nearer the time.

He may find more improvement now gelded and has every chance tomorrow at Thirsk. The winner of his race the last day at Haydock, Devils Angel, ran well enough at Sandown next time out, when coming from the back to finish fifth, to make me think that Asad Jumeriah's recent form is indeed worth its salt.

He needs to improve a length or two or three from the last run but there's every chance he will.

Lethargic from start to finish and still finishes fourth. He can do better than that. I will stick with him next time out depending on where he goes next.

Really dont know what to make of this race Reet.
GA,SUMMERGHAND and TABDEED will all ruin good hcap Marks if they win.for the ayr gold cup.

Race is a fcking nightmare. I have a nice bet on Great Ambassador for Ayr and they're messing about with this nonsense. I see the mug money is piling on Summerghand even though he won last week off 97. GA wasn't a bad price for this at 4s when decs were made so I've had a little on.

Korker I've laid out the case for in the ante-post thread.

Only other bet is Majestic Dawn at Windsor. He ran well enough the last day in France and the price diff with Grocer Jack is excessive.

I decided early yesterday I was taking Saturday off.

Races/situations like this are among the reasons why (plus the acceptance that I'm on a losing run and the small fields, poor prize money, changeable going etc etc). I couldn't be arsed to put in the hours studying.

Instead, I've put the hours in getting stuck into Stella.

(Artois, not the cleaner...)

Back