What are you backing Today? Part 2

I'm having a small EW bet on my horse to follow Doom.

She'sa bit special but how race ready she is is anyones guess as the yard are like 2 from 20 of first time out winners.
If it had been 4 weeks ago I would have been more confident but she has misssed several engagements with no apparent excuse
I assume they want as easy a race as possible with ideal conditions and a win if you can but be sure not to be hard on her instruction.

Whatever she does today I think she will prove top class in the future so it's watch and hope she runs well today.

Apparently the yard won the race last year:)

Last edited:
Like Mitbaahy as well - i actually backed him for the Flying Five last week at 33s ap and was gutted when he was pulled. This is far easier although I do fear Chil Chil and Diligent Harry stepping down in trip. I've backed him in a single and an ew trix with Siskany and Hamaki. The former looks to only have Dubai Future to beat and the latter is still well handicapped with a claimer on and I think 12f stretched his stamina at Ascot the last day.

Nice one, Euro and desert

Last edited:
Guest List 1.00H
Was never going to be quick enough for a fast ground 5f at York latest; ran well enough off the strong early pace, but had run a pb when trying to make all, behind a Karl Burke hotpot on soft ground at Ayr.
Today's kinder ground and step up in trip, against her own sex, should see her in a better light today.
ew 9/1 B365

Last edited:
I feel RED HEEL 450F is overpriced with bet365 at 16/1....9/1 generally.
Front runner should give it a good go.

EMPRESS OF BOUGH 650F 12/1 I thought this should have won but the jockey didnt look strong enough in a finish.
Slow away over 5f but the young jockey is still on it.

I feel RED HEEL 450F is overpriced with bet365 at 16/1....9/1 generally.
Front runner should give it a good go.

EMPRESS OF BOUGH 650F 12/1 I thought this should have won but the jockey didnt look strong enough in a finish.
Slow away over 5f but the young jockey is still on it.

Robbed/mugged Red heel backed into 13/2 and got beat two necks and a sh HD.Lost 2 places final strides.
Empress of bough jockey is bad,just bad.imo

Kerry National tomorrow and my old personal fav Ronald Pump is winking at me.

Aidan Coleman on board can't be bad.

Didn't one of our forum members breed Ronald Pump?

Last edited:
Vafortino - 2.35 Goodwood 8/1 Ew

Bronson In Blue - 3.10 Listowel 10/1 Ew

Heroic Holly - 7.45 Kempton 10/1 Ew

Bloggit for comments :)

I like Substantial in that Goodwood race (it's actually 2.25). Caught my eye when he won at Haydock (from Gweedore who franked the form at the weekend). He was driven from some way back that day but stayed on really well and I think this step up in trip suits. Forget his last run at Thirsk. Gaff track, lost a shoe, was too far back.

fCK :(I NEED A REST JUST LOST YET AGAIN

Interesting you should say that, tan. I’ve more or less shut up shop now until the jumps build up a head of steam. Don’t expect many bets and certainly none approaching full bets. It’s one thing seeing your selections lose, but it’s quite another to see them run miles below expectations.

Could be all about me and my judgement, of course, but it’s been a consistent feature at this time of the season which is something of a comfort I suppose. Does anyone else find the fag end of the season difficult?

Interesting you should say that, tan. I’ve more or less shut up shop now until the jumps build up a head of steam. Don’t expect many bets and certainly none approaching full bets. It’s one thing seeing your selections lose, but it’s quite another to see them run miles below expectations.

Could be all about me and my judgement, of course, but it’s been a consistent feature at this time of the season which is something of a comfort I suppose. Does anyone else find the fag end of the season difficult?

The fag end of the season doesnt start for me until late october.

Vafortino - 2.35 Goodwood 8/1 Ew

Bronson In Blue - 3.10 Listowel 10/1 Ew

Heroic Holly - 7.45 Kempton 10/1 Ew

Bloggit for comments :)

A good shout this on Vafortino.

I see yours just chinned Euro and Reet's. I hope someone did a reverse forecast.

Last edited:
Back