What are you backing Today? Part 2

RP "Redcar's opening race will now take place at 1.20, an hour after its original start time, due to the adandonment of two races later in the card. "

the 3.05 and 3.35 are not running

Last edited:
It's cats and dogs at Southwell today, so there's every chance tomorrow at Notts is in jeopardy.

Last edited:
For those getting involved at the meeting, I will be genuinely surprised if the ground at Musselburgh isn't appreciably softer than the advertised 'Good'. Heavy rain at present, a mile from the track.

Nicky Henderson tends to send young immature horses to newbury as it's an excellent place for learning there trade.

No undulation and easy turns gives them every opportunity if they are good enough but not many are.

Iolaos Du Mou fits the bill although I have no idea how good she is but I reckon with a weight concession of 7lbs to the
well bred filly Villainess 7/2 he's worth opposing. Plus Nicky's string are slow to come to hand this season wheras Jamie Snowdown is doing exceptionally well.

War Lord was eye catching in the Arkle, he kept on well and has scope for improvement over further than two miles. I think he's a stronger stayer than Third Time Lucki and 2/1 (3.25 on the machine) is acceptable for the Haldon tomorrow. Greanateen's mark is eye watering and he was well beat in this last year.

Greanateen's mark is eye watering and he was well beat in this last year.

Hmm Paul Nicholls, trainer: "Greaneteen seems in a really good place at the moment and he worked well when we took him for an awayday recently. He had none of that last season and was a bit behind when we ran him in this last year. He's purposely a lot fitter and sharper than he was then,

Anyone else struggling to get through all the form for races tomorrow and Saturday?

I have Rebels Romance for a nice amount on the Saturday. Seems as if the stablemate and fav Nations Pride is well fancied and William Buick rides him so am not overly confident.

I disagree with Euro on Metier.

He is fresh and will love this ground. A danger to one and all he is.

Last edited:
Hmm Paul Nicholls, trainer: "Greaneteen seems in a really good place at the moment and he worked well when we took him for an awayday recently. He had none of that last season and was a bit behind when we ran him in this last year. He's purposely a lot fitter and sharper than he was then,

I would never, ever, take any notice of what pumpkin says honestly. He's a great trainer but chats shite.

War Lord was eye catching in the Arkle, he kept on well and has scope for improvement over further than two miles. I think he's a stronger stayer than Third Time Lucki and 2/1 (3.25 on the machine) is acceptable for the Haldon tomorrow. Greanateen's mark is eye watering and he was well beat in this last year.

My own thoughts on the race leading to my decision not to have a bet:

[TABLE="width: 417"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Horse[/TD]
[TD]OR[/TD]
[TD]MON
182[/TD]
[TD]Notes[/TD]
[TD]RPR[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Greaneteen[/TD]
[TD]168 [/TD]
[TD]187[/TD]
[TD]?[/TD]
[TD]173 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Dolos[/TD]
[TD]148 [/TD]
[TD]185[/TD]
[TD]? c?[/TD]
[TD]177 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Third Time Lucki[/TD]
[TD]153 [/TD]
[TD]182[/TD]
[TD]+p nov[/TD]
[TD]175 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] War Lord[/TD]
[TD]149 [/TD]
[TD]177[/TD]
[TD]+p nov[/TD]
[TD]174 [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD] Us And Them[/TD]
[TD]148 [/TD]
[TD]170[/TD]
[TD]?[/TD]
[TD]- [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

This should be an informative duel between Greaneteen and Third Time Lucki with the latter entitled to improve 10lbs into his second season chasing. War Lord, also a second-season novice, might even improve enough to challenge Greaneteen for second. I'd expected Greaneteen to be favourite but TTL has that honour and at 7/4 I'm happy not to have a bet since I don't really fancy War Lord to improve past him.

Edit - I left Dolos completely out of considerations because I'm convinced he's going for the more valuable race at Ascot a couple of weeks down the line.

Last edited:
Anyone else struggling to get through all the form for races tomorrow and Saturday?

Yes, me.

I haven't started looking at Saturday - just about to - but it isn't anything to do with the volume of racing, just other distractions.

I would never, ever, take any notice of what pumpkin says honestly. He's a great trainer but chats shite.

True but his horses certainly seem to me a lot more forward than they were this time last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back