What are you backing Today? Part 2

Put Intercessor 1.35N up on Monday. However, his pilot set daft fractions and he didn't last home.
Same jock as his previous c/d win, and should turn around form with the fav on this flatter track - notwithstanding, he's 10lb better in.
Taken 11/2 B365

Put Intercessor 1.35N up on Monday. However, his pilot set daft fractions and he didn't last home.
Same jock as his previous c/d win, and should turn around form with the fav on this flatter track - notwithstanding, he's 10lb better in.
Taken 11/2 B365

N/R, Reet.

Curragh 1.40 Trachonitus was an eyecatcher the last day. He is only a two year old gelding but first time out in a nursery handicap and I think he is a danger to all here at current odds of 6/1 or thereabouts.

I'll have a win single on him and stick him in a yankee with a few at Nottingham. Fingers crossed.

10s. What an SP that was!

Curragh 1.40 Trachonitus was an eyecatcher the last day. He is only a two year old gelding but first time out in a nursery handicap and I think he is a danger to all here at current odds of 6/1 or thereabouts.

I'll have a win single on him and stick him in a yankee with a few at Nottingham. Fingers crossed.

Nice one Marb.well found.

Cheers well done with Poets Dawn.

I have had a nibble on your fancy Wished later on at the Curragh.

Good luck.

Last edited:
It'll take something special to turn over Nicky's Swapped in the Stratford 3.50 tomorrow. 2nd in a 40k NH flat race.

Alan King always seems to come up with some decent novice hurdler and his could improve no end over jumps but his win in a 2k NH flat race doesn't, on paper,come anywhere near as good as Swapped's Lingfield 2nd.

Swapped 5/2 Bet365 looks generous enough.

chaumi: I’d been told to look out for Sheila Lewis’s runners but didn’t back her winner at the weekend. Trouble is my list of small stables to keep an eye on is growing all the time.

It'll take something special to turn over Nicky's Swapped in the Stratford 3.50 tomorrow. 2nd in a 40k NH flat race.

Alan King always seems to come up with some decent novice hurdler and his could improve no end over jumps but his win in a 2k NH flat race doesn't, on paper,come anywhere near as good as Swapped's Lingfield 2nd.

Swapped 5/2 Bet365 looks generous enough.

Missed 0/30 got some 3/1 mainly 11/4.....now 6/4 :)

JP's landed a right gamble there.......No messing from Tom Cannon who never looked round from the home turn until well after the last and rode it like his life depended on it.

Just been reading weekend entries, how on earth, and why, is Regal Encore still being wheeled out? 14 years old ffs, owes nothing.

I’m into jumps now, but got to have a little pop on Dual Identity 3:15 Newmarket after his terrific run in the Cambridgeshire when he was killed by the draw. 2/1 atm

Last edited:
Does Sheena West often travel all the way up to Wetherby? Mr Freedom not much of a price though.

Having a go at Schiehallion Munro (general 7/1) of Micky Hammond's in the next at Wetherby. Has good record at this course, can go well after a break, and only 2lbs higher than when he won here last season.

Last edited:
Does Sheena West often travel all the way up to Wetherby? Mr Freedom not much of a price though.

Bit late, I know. Only had a few runners there, Moehat. A 2nd from the three from what I can see.

But glancing through other courses that seem a hack from East Sussex, Sheena looks to have some interesting records. 1 from 2 at Bangor, for example. And some strongish win/place records from more runners at one or two others.

I think you've unearthed another angle to watch for...given MF looked like he was going to make the first two home fight for it. Seemed to be spooked and was eyeballing the two on his outside coming to two out, unsettled and jinked. Might even have won it.

ofc Mr Freedom is an ex Mick Channon Sixties Icon. She does well enough with them. Sly Madam, case in point.

Last edited:
Having a go at Schiehallion Munro (general 7/1) of Micky Hammond's in the next at Wetherby. Has good record at this course, can go well after a break, and only 2lbs higher than when he won here last season.

I would imagine the stable and connections will be pretty pleased with that run. Indicates the ability is intact.

Back