What are you backing Today? Part 2

Bit late, I know. Only had a few runners there, Moehat. A 2nd from the three from what I can see.

But glancing through other courses that seem a hack from East Sussex, Sheena looks to have some interesting records. 1 from 2 at Bangor, for example. And some strongish win/place records from more runners at one or two others.
Was down as ran out but was given one hell of a bump before that fence. I don’t think that Marc would know Wetherby very well: I’d like to know if words were spoken back in the weighing room. He was running a mighty race imo. I started following Sheena when she had the I’ll fated giant slayer Cannon Fodder. And then the wonderful Ding Ding. I don’t know what the connection is with the Channon stable, Sheena’s and Sixties Icon but they do all seemed intertwined in some way. If I lived down south I think I’d be a regular at their happy hunting ground, Plumpton. I think I’ve always loved cheering on the smaller yards.

I think you've unearthed another angle to watch for...given MF looked like he was going to make the first two home fight for it. Seemed to be spooked and was eyeballing the two on his outside coming to two out, unsettled and jinked. Might even have won it.

ofc Mr Freedom is an ex Mick Channon Sixties Icon. She does well enough with them. Sly Madam, case in point.

Last edited:
William Buick has gone down under and has several rides at Flemington

His best chances of riding a winner is Turaath for Maddie Raymond'

Turaath 7/2 BF

Best fun today should be having a bet on Goshen 5/4 , crossing your finger, have a toilet roll at the ready

Just about anything could happen when he's around.

I've backed Bravemansgame 15/8 on the machine who I believe is a stonewall certainty today.
Simply because I think Ahoy Senor is a worrier who loses concentraion under pressure
and unless something goes amiss with BMG he's bound to be applying plenty from the home turn.

Last edited:
I've backed Bravemansgame 15/8 on the machine who I believe is a stonewall certainty today.
Simply because I think Ahoy Senor is a worrier who loses concentraion under pressure
and unless something goes amiss with BMG he's bound to be applying plenty from the home turn.

Note the words Stonewall Certainty.........not often I use them but when I do from now on pay furking attention :lol:

Note the words Stonewall Certainty.........not often I use them but when I do from now on pay furking attention :lol:

In retrospect I don’t think PN usually goes to Wetherby so the fact that he was there today should have been a pointer to him winning. I don’t think he travelled up there when Silviniano Continue ran there. Hindsight and all that.

Excuse the aftertiming but it's been a long time coming but today I backed 6 horses in an accie.

5 have won but don't get too excited it's not going to make the Racing Post headlines.

My stake was an odd 7.10p and my winnings are potentially 190.20p :) better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick

The last leg is NRNB Flightline who if he does run will be very very short.
Marble Sand 2.1
Imagine SP
Scarface SP
Harry Des Ongrais SP
Kingston Flower SP
Flatline 1.4 NRNB

Charles Street 9/4 2nd fav goes hurdling tomorrow and has the right man onboard to get him offf the mark at this new game.

He always seem to find but not quite enough to win on the flat but with Paddy Brennan very likely to get the best out of him
I reckon he'll beat Alan Kings favourite who of what I saw of him on the flat looks to lack the pace to be winning.

Interesting race:)

Missed Bellocio, dog walk and wasn't thinking!! That damn clock change :-(

But well done Reet. Looks like a nice 6-months-in-the-making plot in hindsight, possibly longer.

Love to take-on shorties in novice chases, so have had a go at the outer-of-four Interne De Sivola in the Warwick 14:05.

The selection was rated 15lbs below 4/5 shot Stage Star over hurdles, but receives 9lbs today, and seems certain to benefit from being upped to this trip (good stayer at around 2m). I also think Jane Williams is good at prepping a young chaser, so some reason for optimism that the current 20/1 is a bit over-the-top in terms of price.

11 Dec 21 "Interne De Sivola has moved forward from Warwick. We thought he'd improve. It looked like a good race he won last time and he's franked the form. Good horses were beat 30 lengths that day and the Dan Skelton-trained horse looks very good. He stays well and has a good pedigree. The festival is a possibility - Nick Williams, trainer."

Back