What are you backing Today? Part 2

Only bets today are Coeur Sublime at Naas because the price diff' between him and Gentleman Dee Mee is too great (big weight concession plus I never trust impressive Aintree winners). Also tracker horse Fortunes Melody at Uttoxeter.

Love Rachel but no jockey over the years has cost me more for in terms of not finishing a race. Last Cheltenham I had a Cam Smith (Players') Journey With Me (Bally) Fil D'or ew treble. And of course Tellmesomethingirl was one of my naps of the Festival.

I'm interested by Zoffenien running in the three mile handicap hurdle at Chelteham. I have to back him as I couldn't stand seeing him win when I wasn't on, but there's no real great logic to be attached, as this really is a stab in the dark stepping him up in trip like this.

It does appear this way, but I do recall he has been too keen before over shorter hurdle trips and his style of running might be suited by a step up in trip. His last flat effort when staying on well wasn't such a bad prep as it may at first seem.

Interesting run. A good fifth. Does he qualify for the Pertemps in March after that?

Wiseguy looked like he still had a lot to learn when he won at Donnie over 3 miles

He's got the right man on him today who I am pretty sure will keep him right and steer him to the winners encloure today.

Tony Marti's might be a danger who knows? but I reckon this horse will outclass and outstay him.

Wiseguy 3/1 bfe

Last edited:
Nice from Banbridge but I'm disappointed that Tommy's Oscar couldn't beat one rated a good stone below him over hurdles.

TO probably wouldn’t have beaten Banbridge anyway but I thought the ride he got did him no favours being held up too far off the pace. He was at least 3 or 4 lengths behind the field at times and seriously inconvenienced by others jumping mistakes or tiring. We hear often enough how hard it can be to make up ground on the old course but plenty of jockeys don’t get the message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Banbridge looked almost joyous jumping round...just a happy boy showing off how well he knew how to jump.

I had big Hope's for DOMAINE DE L'ISLE last year but it failed to materialise. Has won over 3m 2f at Cheltenham and is 9lb lower now.
14/1 is fair and Brian Hughes is 2/4 on it.

She Is Electric - Cheltenham 3.30 8/1 Ew

I Like To Move It - Cheltenham 2.55 8.5/1 Ew

2 X Ew singles
Ew Double

On me blog :)

Nube Negra has to be the shortest price of any runner at Cheltenham in recent history, surely? Today's card is horrific.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

It's a really disappointing card, especially the Greatwood.

I hope Nube Negra is on his A game and that Edwardstone improves past him. We need a bit of quality to brighten up the card.

I might not even watch the racing today even though Dads Lad carries my biggest bet of the season so far (excl the fitba'.)

Edit - wasn't aware Edwardstone had been taken out.

Last edited:
Had a go on Ashdale Bob in the Lismullent at 10s last night, still backable at 8s and 9s. Zanahiyr is solid I think but Bob Olinger is short for his comeback and Flooring Porter carries a boffo penalty and would have struggled to win this last year even if he hadn't come down two out. I think Ashdale is a solid each way bet.

She Is Electric - Cheltenham 3.30 8/1 Ew

I Like To Move It - Cheltenham 2.55 8.5/1 Ew

2 X Ew singles
Ew Double

On me blog :)

Happy to follow you on She Is Electric.

I'm going to chance Mighty Thunder in the long distance chase at what seems a very fair price.

Also interested in the support for Premiumaccess in the National at Fontwell.

I'll be followimg the money trail on that horse and hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Just the slight drift on Thousand Tears in the Greatwood. Out to 16s - nothing to see here.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

A horse I follow and back every time he runs is Comier. I took the 28/1 ew 6 places with Coral now 16/1.

I don't suggest anyone follows me unless they are prepared for a long drop to the bottom of the nearest cliff:lol:

Happy to follow you on She Is Electric.

I'm going to chance Mighty Thunder in the long distance chase at what seems a very fair price.

Also interested in the support for Premiumaccess in the National at Fontwell.

I'll be followimg the money trail on that horse and hoping for the best.

Hiya Marb.

I'm liking Southfield Harvest in the Sussex Nash, mate.

She Is Electric has it all to do with the boys but it's worth an ew shout, I think.

A horse I follow and back every time he runs is Comier. I took the 28/1 ew 6 places with Coral now 16/1.

I don't suggest anyone follows me unless they are prepared for a long drop to the bottom of the nearest cliff:lol:

You are not on your own.

Fancy the Hobbs double at Exeter today

1.30 Camprond
3.00 Masters Legacy

13/2 Bet365

Well that lasted a long time. FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back