What are you backing Today? Part 2

With a bit of luck Haydock might be on.

I think Itchy Feet can win at a fair price in the 3.10. This one had good form as a novice, when he came third at a big price in the 2019 Supreme Novice Hurdle. He's ran well once or twice over fences since then but his last few runs haven't been very inspiring.

This is his first start over hurdles since a wind operation and his recent chase spins could have put him spot on for this though. If he can find his best form which I think he can then he can carry this weight to victory as he has shown a bit of class in his career thus far. He might prove well handicapped on a hurdle mark of 138.

Last edited:
Needs a degree of faith in ability last shown a couple of seasons ago, but Gars De Sceaux was well-touted as a novice hurdler, and despite a disappointing showing in his only chase to date a little over a year ago, he at least has the trip and deep ground he wants, in the Beginners Chase at Navan.

Strikes me that 16/1 is a price worth paying to find out if that ability is still there.

Needs a degree of faith in ability last shown a couple of seasons ago, but Gars De Sceaux was well-touted as a novice hurdler, and despite a disappointing showing in his only chase to date a little over a year ago, he at least has the trip and deep ground he wants, in the Beginners Chase at Navan.

Strikes me that 16/1 is a price worth paying to find out if that ability is still there.

That's a really interesting race. Tenzing is too short but he showed he has ability and an engine last time chasing home Ramilies considering his jumping was scratchy and uneconomical. Navan is tougher than Thurles though. Shantreusse and Mahler Mission met on New Year's Eve in a slow run Beginner's Chase at Punchestown and I think both will improve for a stiffer test and I think it was a good race (Longhouse Poet beat Run Wild Fred and The Big Dog in the same event a couple of years back) and whilst I don't think the principals here will reach the same heights the winner (Must be Obeyed) won well again last weekend and the two running today are both backable but I've gone with Mahler Mission who is 5 lbs better off and is a bigger price (I got 6/1 last night.)

He’s 5lb better off because a claimer rides

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
GL, guys.
Anyone short of a few bobshould watch Al Agaila's latest run; off a steady pace, she absolutely danced up.Won the time before osff a strong pace, with the Doyler up,too.
prime draw today, and the step oup to 10f shouldn't pose a problem, (holds a Winter Derby entry).
Reckon 10/11 (B365) is finding money in the street.

That's a really interesting race. Tenzing is too short but he showed he has ability and an engine last time chasing home Ramilies considering his jumping was scratchy and uneconomical. Navan is tougher than Thurles though. Shantreusse and Mahler Mission met on New Year's Eve in a slow run Beginner's Chase at Punchestown and I think both will improve for a stiffer test and I think it was a good race (Longhouse Poet beat Run Wild Fred and The Big Dog in the same event a couple of years back) and whilst I don't think the principals here will reach the same heights the winner (Must be Obeyed) won well again last weekend and the two running today are both backable but I've gone with Mahler Mission who is 5 lbs better off and is a bigger price (I got 6/1 last night.)

Nice, Euro (and Colm with Seahorse).

My one ran better than a 16’s shot. Shame the NRs knacked the place-part.

Nice one Euro. I let trainer form put me off but a poor effort from Shantreusse

Well done Euro,Reet and An.

FOUR COUNTRY ROADS
Spotlight: lost it's way of late,pulled up or tailed off in its last 5 since winning off 3lb lower.

50/1 into 12/1 and gets up on the line.

Rubbish racing but as he was already beaten some of his rival with ease I can see no reason why Quercus Robur is anything more than a steering job.
Took 11/10 earlier but he's been hammered and now 5/6 and will go shorter so not the most difficult selection to make but a winners a winner

Fakir drifting like a barge. Was 5/4 last night but Chacun looked gone at the game LTO and the others haven’t previously suggested they’re up to his class

Edit: in to 15/8 now but I went in at 2/1

Last edited:
Back