What are you backing Today? Part 2

Fakir drifting like a barge. Was 5/4 last night but Chacun looked gone at the game LTO and the others haven’t previously suggested they’re up to his class

Edit: in to 15/8 now but I went in at 2/1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When your lucks in its in well done Pal

The casual observer reading the result will just see the more or less expected result, but those watching the last fence mayhem will tell a different story. Was it a Mullins coup attempt or is CPS a busted flush now? (nice, though, DJ)

Last edited:
The casual observer reading the result will just see the more or less expected result, but those watching the last fence mayhem will tell a different story. Was it a Mullins coup attempt or is CPS a busted flush now? (nice, though, DJ)

CPS was always a lay over this trip.

If Alaho wasn’t around Fakir would be by far the best 2.4f horse around.

Extremely lucky at the last given, and fortunate to collect. It was still an good bet even if it lost though. Do wonder if they’ll fancy taking their chances against Alaho again.

Well done.

Lucky to get a run given the antics pre race.

Perhaps he’d rather be on the beach! Good to see Adam with another good horse, though.And good to see the Lady Buttons colours carried by him. Hopefully I’ll get more use out of my Lady Buttons scarf. Wonder if he’s likely to go hurdling?

Triggered 630s 3/1 ran well last week for 2nd under a young girl .had a nice run through and just failed.
Young Billy takes over tomorrow for his dad.

Looking at the 8.30 at Southwell in a way I used to check through races, looks to be an interesting race. Got latched on as you do.

Firstly, the pace is going to be hot. Secondly, we do have a favourite that will love that. So looks straight forward? Run Teddy Run is now off 62 though, looks high now to me. Meets better horses here than last time as well.

Second favourite is Eagle Eyed Freddie, looks like will be on too strong a pace, don't fancy. Divine Connection another one who will be pace disadvantaged.

The two I like are DAAFY and JOHN O'GROATS at decent prices. Both pace favoured, John O'Groats is now 10lb better off with the favourite and was slow away last time against it. Daafy ran well two ago to Zealot who won again after that.

Having a bet on both at 11.5 and 16.0.

Last edited:
Bet Brave Emperor (1.35S) today and I'd swear the Haggas horse ran away from the whip and cannoned into mine. B365 paid double result and Betfair didn't but the South stewards carry the blame,imo.

Bet Brave Emperor (1.35S) today and I'd swear the Haggas horse ran away from the whip and cannoned into mine. B365 paid double result and Betfair didn't but the South stewards carry the blame,imo.

An enquiry was held to consider the placings in this race after interference over the concluding stages involving the winner, BRAVE EMPEROR (IRE), ridden by Luke Morris and MOHATU, placed second, ridden by Tom Marquand. After hearing evidence from both riders and viewing recordings of the incident, it was established that BRAVE EMPEROR (IRE) had hung right-handed into the path of MOHATU and bumped that runner, unbalancing the colt approximately seven strides from the finish line, causing MOHATU to lose significant momentum in the process, before Marquand had been further intimidated off his intended line thereafter. Taking into account the diminishing nose margin, alongside the manner in which MOHATU finished the race off both prior to and after suffering the aforementioned interference despite being impeded, the Stewards were satisfied that had this incident not occurred, MOHATU would have finished in front of BRAVE EMPEROR (IRE) and the placings were revised accordingly as follows. First, MOHATU; Second, BRAVE EMPEROR (IRE); Third, GINCIDENT (IRE); Fourth, LOOK BACK SMILING (IRE). The incident was found to be accidental and had been caused by BRAVE EMPEROR (IRE) lugging quickly right-handed, thereby causing interference to MOHATU.

Back