What are you backing Today? Part 2

Wednesday3.45C
California Gem
15/2 4pl B365

Oh yes reet. This one has been on my tracker since his run behind Wen Moon at Ponte. I put the winner in as well and he was on the the face of it disappointing and maybe let the form down last week at Nottingham but that was a small field race over the straight six and he got no cover. I like the Ponte form and fancy CG as well tomorrow. Nice draw.

California Gem nowhere and is straight off the tracker. I cannot be having Boughey, it's early but he's the Venetia of the flat game.

Thursday
Little Edi 1.50S
9/1 B365 nap

With you on this one, Reet. Good luck.

At Chester I'm drawn to Dark Pine in the class 3 handicap at 3.45. I remember when Dark Pine finished well when winning at Chester two years ago. I put him up on here that day and that might have been the last winner I mentioned on this forum! He's been lightly raced since then, only having started nine times in the last two years, but the recent break off the track might just have done this horse the world of good, and now dropped another 3lbs to a mark of 90, with a good draw in stall one to boot, at a track he's won at before, can hopefully help this horse run well again tomorrow.

Last edited:
With you on this one, Reet. Good luck.

At Chester I'm drawn to Dark Pine in the class 3 handicap at 3.45. I remember when Dark Pine finished well when winning at Chester two years ago. I put him up on here that day and that might have been the last winner I mentioned on this forum! He's been lightly raced since then, only having started nine times in the last two years, but the recent break off the track might just have done this horse the world of good, and now dropped another 3lbs to a mark of 90, with a good draw in stall one to boot, at a track he's won at before, can hopefully help this horse run well again tomorrow.

Each Way returns landed. Mine ran a great race from off the pace and it's glad to see what I think is a decent horse with a turn of foot come back to near his best. I reckon connections a bit like me will be both gutted and delighted.

Cheers Maurice. :)

Yes he got a bit roughed up. Even from the one stall I can't blame his jockey as he is a hold up horse. I'll be keeping an eye on Dark Pine in his next few runs.

I’ve been having a torrid time lately, but having a hopeful punt today on Metier in the Chester Cup who will have his ground, although could do with even more rain. On the negative side David Carr in the RP makes a strong case for top jockeyship in the race and I’m not sure Saffiie fits the bill.

I’ve been having a torrid time lately, but having a hopeful punt today on Metier in the Chester Cup who will have his ground, although could do with even more rain. On the negative side David Carr in the RP makes a strong case for top jockeyship in the race and I’m not sure Saffiie fits the bill.

I beg her forgiveness :adore:

Going to try one of the Debut Handicap, Down in Class, Up in Distance runners although they’ve not been performing well as yet.

Dornoch Castle 2:10 Haydock 13/2 (from 14/1 early price last evening). This is Class3 over 1 mile and has been running in Class1 (at the back!!) over 7 furlongs which is not really a hugely significant jump in distance. Not a full bet.

Last edited:
Bold Endeavour run another game race at haydock didn't he...beaten again by the same horse who just chinned him at Cheltenham the last day. Looks as if Boldy has bumped into a really well handicapped horse in Willaston the last twice.

Last edited:
Interested to see how Farhh To Shy handles the soft ground in todays 3:40 at Nottingham.

She is completely unraced on it, but the sire Farhh was a group one winner in these conditions and her grand sire Bahamian Bounty has had plenty progeny that handle soft ground.

So I think this might be a case of the market thinking Farhh To Shy won't like the ground because she's never run on it so therefore putting her as outsider of the field, whereas I reckon it might help rejuvenate her.

I'll back her win only and pay to find out.

Well I have been proved right about her handling soft ground today anyway!

Did I keep the faith though?

Back