What are you backing Today? Part 2

That's fair, I'd just like to see the form in the book.

Back to today - couple of interesting shorties I want to take on at Haydock but equally respect their profiles. In the opener Maghlaak looked promising in his handicap debut at Goodwood (what we saw of it because of the Fog) but 6/5 seems skinny. I had Bizarre Law and Thunder Max in my tracker last season and the latter is interesting. He ran well fto over c/d and can give him a pass for Chester due to the ground. Actually Israr and Typewriter have both franked pieces of last year's form recently. Worth an interest at around 6/1

In the Fillies sprint I feel Get Ahead might be opposable stepping up in trip although with a Cox inmate I don't say this lightly. I liked her runs from a bad position at Bath and against the boys in the Palace House where she finished well both times but over 6 today I'm not sure. Gale Force Maya might outstay her. Holding off on a bet though, will monitor Betfair near the off.

Covey 2.25H
Hard to believe he's not ben plotted up for this marked rise in class, and Frankie swerves a few shorties at Goodwood to ride.
took 5/2 Sky.

I recovered some each way returns for my each way patent today so can't complain.

I'm interested in Fine Wine in the sprint at York. He is one of a few horses Korker has to worry about especially if Fine Wine is ready to rock and roll after a three month break. Fine Wine beat Raasel 3 lengths last season and that is excellent form.

Speaking of Raasel, I actually thought he ran well when finishing fourth the last day after being slow at the start. He strikes me as the value in the Haydock race as he should improve for that run.

Once again, good luck all tomorrow.

Last edited:
Having ploughed through all his form, I reckon a flat 5f on fast ground is ideal for Alligator Alley 2.40Y; even won a C/D listed on it, back in the day.
16/1 B365 4pl.

It's only seemingly weakness in the market that's holding me back from backing FC like an odds-on shot. Can I ask why you are so against it, Euro?

Francesco Clemente was 15/8 and pink when I wrote that. It's now odds-on and I haven't backed it. It went very short odds-against at some point yesterday after the same owner's other runner came out but the R4 wouldn't have accounted for the move so I waited for the market to settle, hoping for 7/4 or 13/8 but never saw that either so I now hope the bastert gets beat :lol:

Having ploughed through all his form, I reckon a flat 5f on fast ground is ideal for Alligator Alley 2.40Y; even won a C/D listed on it, back in the day.
16/1 B365 4pl.

Good luck, Reet. He's a horse I remember from last year when I fancied him once or twice. He could run well today if he puts it all in but even then I reckon he might find one or two too good. Lets see how he gets on.

It's another quiet day for me in terms of 'normal' bets.

I'll be happy to be in front at the end of the day, even if it's only by a penny.

The calm before the storms of Epsom and Ascot...

Busy day. At Goodwood I've backed El Drama in the opener against the hotpot Gosden horse and two tracker horses - Yacowlef at 6s and Crystal Estrella at 9/2. Both are detailed in the horses to note thread.

At Haydock the market for the Temple makes more sense now with the 3yo fillies bigger than they were ante-post. I was all over Royal Aclaim for the Nunthorpe and am willing to give her another chance.

At York I took 9/2 when prices opened about Korker, another cliff horses, and Verdansk was 7/1 for the 7f handicap when prices were unveiled yesterday. I like his form with Yacowlef and Strking Star from Newmarket.

Busy day, indeed. I’ve got so many trackers out, but Cotton Nightie stumped me and I couldn’t find it anywhere. Turned out eventually that it was a reminder note because Pam is off to hospital for a new knee next week and wanted to look smart in a new one :)

Best for me today:

Tafreej 2:05 Goodwood
Covey 2:25 Haydock

With better maybes:

Papa Rico 8:10 Salisbury
Sayidh Kingman 2:10 York

Busy day, indeed. I’ve got so many trackers out

One I've not touched Zainalarab at Haydock. Not bet this partly because there has to be a rule somewhere where backing two Varian horses in one day is a big no no. Partly because the Rog has said he's been hard to train and will need this.

Busy day,indeed.
'Like a kid in a sweet shop today, no UK flat racing tomorrow.
Sooner this 'levelling up' process kicks in,the better imo

Last edited:
Completely ridiculous, as is Cartmel's presence and the lengths I'll have to go to to avoid a single second of it.

Personally like to see racing at Cartmel which is a lovely course but each to their own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is genuinely breaking me. Yacowlef I had as the second part of a double at 7/1 for a nice chunk. I knew he was the best horse in the race, I just needed some luck. Not a chance.

That race just finished at York...

I do hope for backers of Mimiku that the winner's rider hasn't broken the whip rule. It was a perfect example of the difference between using and not using the whip. It looked like Mimiku's rider realised he'd reached the limit and tried to get her home using hands and heels but the winner was responding to pressure. I wasn't counting but if the whip was overused it would be very hard on Mimiku's connections and backers if the winner ket the race.

(I had no financial interest myself.)

Last edited:
Covey 2.25H
Hard to believe he's not ben plotted up for this marked rise in class, and Frankie swerves a few shorties at Goodwood to ride.
took 5/2 Sky.

Together with King of Conquest you’re working well, mon brave :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Couple from the tracker running and backed tomorrow. Eeetee at Redcar - Very disappointing at York but the tactics/ride there, held up in rear on that track were a nonsense. He didn't pick up and finished last. I am prepared to give him another chance in a smaller field but honestly he might not be off, I'm not that keen on the trainer. The fav is too short - I'm finding a lot of Crisford's are way under priced.

The other is Brooklyn Nine Nine at Leicester. I liked the way he finished his race fto against a couple of nice types at Ripon and whilst I respect the Godolphin horse who has the Yacowlef form and ran well lto behind Havana Blue this is a step down in trip for no obvious reason I can see. Happy with 13/2 ish.

Back