What are you backing Today? Part 2

If, and it’s a big if, Heeratthetrack 8.15 Windsor gets away on any sort of terms, can come home some way in front. Stable been putting some effort into handling the start, and has been in fairly sparkling form for at least a couple of weeks now.

Ernie's Valentine is worth another chance in Epsoms 8.00 tomorrow. He has bits and pieces of quite good form, especially from last season with horses like Witch Hunter and Harry Three. If he puts his best foot forward I think he can win.

Last edited:
Ernie's Valentine is worth another chance in Epsoms 8.00 tomorrow. He has bits and pieces of quite good form, especially from last season with horses like Witch Hunter and Harry Three. If he puts his best foot forward I think he can win.
Careful,Marb - a lot of rain in the night according to the forecast.

JQ has Mr Wagyu spot on don't miss him 5/2

Looks solid and he was eye catching in the Wokingham but I really liked Rock of England's win at Hamilton and he should have followed up at Ripon a fortnight ago but didn't lead for some reason. Thirsk strikes me as a gaff track where I want to be on the pace so I'm happy to take 11/2.

If Mr Wagyu wins tomorrow I will be bitterly disappointed.
9 grand race and the ruin of a good hcap mark.
What's the point?

Looks solid and he was eye catching in the Wokingham but I really liked Rock of England's win at Hamilton and he should have followed up at Ripon a fortnight ago but didn't lead for some reason. Thirsk strikes me as a gaff track where I want to be on the pace so I'm happy to take 11/2.

I have 5 alerts in the race
Mr Wagyu
Tinto
Rock of england
Music society
GHATHANFAR bet 365 are standout at 16/1 so I've done him.

If Mr Wagyu wins tomorrow I will be bitterly disappointed.
9 grand race and the ruin of a good hcap mark.
What's the point?
He'd have to finish first 4 in the Stewards Cup to better the 9.7k he'll collect here.
Reckon he'll have to much class for these anyway.

He'd have to finish first 4 in the Stewards Cup to better the 9.7k he'll collect here.
Reckon he'll have to much class for these anyway.

He could be going to the curragh again before goodwood and he won it last year off a higher mark.€60000.
What would you do Reet.?

I have the 4.30 at Newcastle between Thankuappreciate and Desert Games. Both ran eye catching races at Beverley in a Sunday Series meeting (the former slowly away before rattling home - did the same at Windsor over 6 last week and the latter meeting trouble in running). They were 2nd and 3rd in front of Winter Crown at Beverley and that horse, on my tracker for ages, is running at Nottingham and is very short.

Desert Games out tomorrow at Beverley. I'm a bit concerned he might find trouble IR again but this race looks notably weaker than the Sunday Series one and I manged to get 11/2 when prices opened. Still a bet at 4s imo. He ran well enough at Newcastle and Thankuappreciate's Windsor form was franked yesterday.

I’ve had a rare foray into the dark side this Saturday and backed horses I backed this day last year - fool me once and all that.

But Equilateral shouldn’t be 13/2 4 places with 365 in the Charge as he’s going into this in much the same form as last year when in many people’s (okay my) opinion he’d have been a comfortable winner with any sort of run and with a wider draw and Spencer on board he’ll hopefully avoid the same problems.

The same sentiments apply to Ouzo in the Challenge and I really liked his run in the Hunt Cup following a break. 7/1 Will do for me.

Finally, I really can’t understand why Silk Sea Road is freely available at 9/2 in the Lancashire Oaks, especially with 3 places on offer unless more than one are withdrawn.

I’ve had a rare foray into the dark side this Saturday and backed horses I backed this day last year - fool me once and all that.

But Equilateral shouldn’t be 13/2 4 places with 365 in the Charge as he’s going into this in much the same form as last year when in many people’s (okay my) opinion he’d have been a comfortable winner with any sort of run and with a wider draw and Spencer on board he’ll hopefully avoid the same problems.

The same sentiments apply to Ouzo in the Challenge and I really liked his run in the Hunt Cup following a break. 7/1 Will do for me.

Finally, I really can’t understand why Silk Sea Road is freely available at 9/2 in the Lancashire Oaks, especially with 3 places on offer unless more than one are withdrawn.

Good luck with those, Lee.

A couple have caught my eye and will probably do for me this Saturday.

Spirit Catcher in the mile handicap at Sandown. Only ran twice this season but improved with each run since being gelded. I am hoping he finds a few more pounds and his front running style I think will be suited to the easier mile at Sandown. I am not saying you can't win from behind but I reckon Spirit Catcher can give me a nice run from the front.

I think I'll do Sheer Rocks in the Old Newton at Haydock. He's in the form of his life. Maybe he can pull off the hat trick.

Last edited:
Main bet for me on Saturday will be Ramazan at Haydock. Comes from a really good form race at York where he finished third just in front of the Britannia second New Endeavor. Catch the Paddy in second that day was unwisely stepped down to 6 after this and runs in the 3yo race over the same trip later in the card where he will also be backed. Ramazan ran really well himself in the Britannia, just didn't quite get home. Chartwell House is respected back here but went up 9lbs for his last win and won't have as much free reign up front. The rest of the field is made up of pretty much exposed older handicappers.

Last edited:
Back