What are you backing Today? Part 2

Zozimus in as short as 2-1 in a place now (WH)

I could only see Bobby's Blessing as a potential danger, and even he's got a class 5 entry in a few days time (we'll take that as indicating they think this C4 really is his level)

Zozimus in as short as 2-1 in a place now (WH)

I could only see Bobby's Blessing as a potential danger, and even he's got a class 5 entry in a few days time (we'll take that as indicating they think this C4 really is his level)
Reckon he won't have the speed for this - unless they make all,which they have the pilot to do so.
F/c saver c20/1 B365

Zozimus. It pssed down 30 mins before and not sure when that shower ended, I'd suggest just what they didn't want. Was clearly there to win it, can be given another chance on faster ground and this shouldn't have done any significant harm to likely odds for that.

As the RP says,did too much in the first time blinds,horses out the back finished 1st & 3rd.
A good bet thwarted.

Last edited:
Backed Dasho Lennie at Newbury tomorrow. He comes from the Maasai Mara/Westerton race at Ascot and after that he had an impossible task against Fairbanks at Leicester. Fairbanks is likely a mid 90s colt who was off 74 that day. Dasho Lennie plugged on well for second though and this should be between the Stoute/Prescott 3yos and the selection. Fox Journey is respected but maybe a tad short based on the Pontefract run and you can never count out a Prescott horse even though Brave Knight was behind Dasho at Leicester.

Balon D'or 4.45 Nb
Close 2nd in the Woodcote,behind subsequent Coventry 3rd, then couldn't live with the kick of the classy winner in a slowly run gp3 at Chantilly.
9/1 B365

Last edited:
Run For Oscar Curragh 4.20 - He ran an eyecatching race the last day at Royal Ascot when third. He has only ran 9 times on turf, so can find the necessary improvement to get in the shake up in this. Looking at who he is trained by means a market check might be needed aswell.
I'm happy enough to stick him in the each way super heinz tomorrow anyway!

Last edited:
Tomorrow, Doncaster 7.45 - Sir Thomas Greasham 13/2, 4 places, BOG - a tracker horse from what I believe to be a very hot handicap at Newbury and only a pound higher here.

I also quite like the one Outsider has mentioned on the Ebor thread, Yashin. I think they both have a chance of running really well. The betting market is shortening Yashin all the time. A bit of support for Oscar sometime before the race would certainly boost my confidence a bit. Hopefully Colin Keane gives him the right ride.

Last edited:
No real interest in the Market Rasen races but this fav Myristika is an 83 Flat horse so could be a 125 hurdler. Runs here off 112 so I've take 3/1.

On to this 3.00 at Newbury.

I decided yesterday 8/1 about Rohaan was twice its real chance but forgot to back it and was spitting blood when I saw it at 9/2 and shorter last night. Lezoo and Garrus have come out so the 9/2 is more than fair so I've taken it.

That was poor. I had Rohaan 2lbs in front of Commanche Falls, my second-top rated, and fancied it to beat it. Write it off. His day will come. Ayr Gold Cup, maybe?

Last edited:
I'm only backing these for the sake of an interest 'cos they're on the telly.

3.15 Market Rasen - Chief Black Robe 7/1 - looks on a very steep curve and is a young novice pitched in against seasoned but exposed opponents.

That was one of the most uber-confident rides you'll ever see by Cobden there. I'd have been spitting blood at halfway, convinced I was on a total non-trier.

Brilliant bit of placing by Iain Jardine to win last Sunday and get in with a penalty rather than her new mark, which would have been out on Tuesday and probably at least 10lbs higher.

Wish I'd studied the form.

Windsor 6.20 - Je Ne Sais Quoi 2/1 - tracker alert. Not much of a price but lost a shoe last time and can hopefully rumble up the favourite.

I see Rhoscolyn goes tomorrow.

They'll need to frame or win to get into the Mile, won't they?.

Over the last two years, it's been the deal to give him a run shortly before the big one, so we'll see.

The master at work or horse 'gone'?

Back