What are you backing Today? Part 2

Two tracker alerts:

Sandown 3.50 - Cool Party 18/1 - was 10s when it came through and drifting later in the evening so I left off in the hope it would qualify for the longshot thread. It did go out to 25/1 at one point but 18s is the best I can get this morning. Ran well in the London Gold Cup.

Yarmouth 6.00 - Shobiz 5/2 - I got 3/1 last night. I have a very fast time for the race it won on Lockinge day but the subsequent collateral form has been patchy. Looks to have a favourite's chance here.

I've also dabbled in the double.

No way really?

One tracker running today, and that's in the racing league thingy at Yarmouth. Waiting all Night went into my alerts when he was third at Haydock behind Paws for Thought who has franked the form very well since. I was on at Newmarket where he would have won if better drawn and although his conqueror that day Final Watch has not franked that form I think he was turned out a bit fast last weekend. I'm happy with 7s.

5.07 Worcester-Kapitaliste

Each Way @ 13-2 [Bet 365] 4 Places

Disappointing last time but if forgiving that, has a good chance

WARNING SIGN 615Nb 11/2 up to 10f and hopefully a bit of cut.kicking myself as I wrote it on my pad to remind me and then still forgot,it was 14/1 earlier.doh.

Like me. I had Whitcombe Rockstar in my alerts, really thought that he'd be best back at Kemp after he let me down badly lto. I promised myself I'd have a little on him in yesterday's race so's not to miss out, in case. Dozed off late afternoon and missed the race so missed backing him - 28/1 winner.

Last edited:
Two tracker alerts:

Sandown 3.50 - Cool Party 18/1 - was 10s when it came through and drifting later in the evening so I left off in the hope it would qualify for the longshot thread. It did go out to 25/1 at one point but 18s is the best I can get this morning. Ran well in the London Gold Cup.

Yarmouth 6.00 - Shobiz 5/2 - I got 3/1 last night. I have a very fast time for the race it won on Lockinge day but the subsequent collateral form has been patchy. Looks to have a favourite's chance here.

I've also dabbled in the double.

Least said... :mad:

Did a forum member mention Zozimus the other day for a race? He goes at York 7.50 tomorrow night. Worth another chance I reckon.

Did a forum member mention Zozimus the other day for a race? He goes at York 7.50 tomorrow night. Worth another chance I reckon.

Blinkers off (which appear to have contributed to him going off too fast last week) and p back on. So, was the blinkers ploy deliberate last week???

I think the overall context of this race looks tougher, but current 12-1 would seem to offset that to a point.

At a wild guess, I'll say the real target (s) is/are yet to come. York, maybe. Not to say he won't win today, ofc.

Yes he's drifted hasn't he. I haven't put my bet on yet so 12s will do for me. I have picked a few for this evening..most are much shorter prices than Zozi...so I'll chuck him in my goliath and see what happens. I still think he is capable if they get him right, Chaum. David O Meara is just the type of trainer to do it aswell.

The drift from 8s to 12s hasn't put me off anyway. If he went much bigger I'd perceive he had a lot less chance. Plenty of time before this race though. Historically some of my best bets have come when a horse wasn't fancied in the betting...so lets see.

Last edited:
I still think he is capable if they get him right, Chaum. David O Meara is just the type of trainer to do it aswell.
Oh, without a doubt, Marb. And we know DOM's efforts are (often enough) not necessarily around landing bets, but getting them where they need to be for a big pot (or whatever pot is their ceiling).

Last edited:
Not much of a price but Nicky Henderson doesn't often get it wrong and I think he's found another great opportunity for King Eagle.

Add ro that the Maestro Ryan Moore riding and the price of 13/8 on bf isn't that bad.

I'd love Oliver Show to win the 8.10 at Newmarket this evening. Partly because I've punted it obviously, partly because Boughey has the favourite who is naturally a shite price.

Back