What are you backing Today? Part 2

Given Shadwell’s slimmed down policy of keeping the best it’s maybe telling that they have held on to Aflaila - 3:15 York - through injury. Potentially top notch he might be ring rusty, but 5/1 is a decent price to find out. At least a careful watch.

Hope you backed it!

Well done, Euro. I recall your being very keen on it (and it was joint-top on my ratings) but had got it into my head that you'd abandoned it when the ground started drying. I was saying to myself 'Euro will be spitting blood' all through the final furlong.

Not as much as you'd have wanted but better than losing (which I did!)

The one I fancy the most strongly (and was briefly tempted to put on the odds-on thread before coming to my senses) is Akhu Najla.

I can't say it should have won but the jockey was tactically awful. It was obvious from the International that the nearside was faster yet he opted to follow the pack up the centre while the two Godolphins got to set a soft pace on the near side. They finished first and second with mine running on late to no avail.

Not backing, but this is interesting.

See My Baby Jive 3.05 Ayr

Has won his last three at Ayr, always coming down the same strip on the nearside rail from the back of the field. Not sure I've ever seen a horse win 3 consecutive races with the same running style in exactly this way, though maybe there is a precedent. Anyway, to do it 4 times (if he does) will be pretty amazing.

Not backing, but this is interesting.

See My Baby Jive 3.05 Ayr

Has won his last three at Ayr, always coming down the same strip on the nearside rail from the back of the field. Not sure I've ever seen a horse win 3 consecutive races with the same running style in exactly this way, though maybe there is a precedent. Anyway, to do it 4 times (if he does) will be pretty amazing.

That's a real shame for Donald. For some reason, totally deserted previous tactics and tried to run from the front. Jason Hart should have known better.

Tough task against Chriszoff who went into my tracker after his last win but I can't be arsed with 11/8 - I was hoping he'd be entered at Goodwood. Hope Knockbrex wins.

Cheers, Euro - reckon Chriszov has been bossing steadily run contests, mine has the pilot shouldn't allow that today.We'll see.

That's a real shame for Donald. For some reason, totally deserted previous tactics and tried to run from the front. Jason Hart should have known better.
Reckon it was the draw, rather than the jock,plus he was taken on for the lead, Chaum.

Yes well done. Really interesting race and another where I thought the fav had the better form obviously being odds on but look at the pedigrees - over that trip on soft ground the winner was by Golden Horn out of a Galileo and Chriszoff was a Zoffany out of a Dec' of War. Pretty obvious who'd have the stamina requirements over those conditions.

Back