What are you backing Today? Part 2

The Maurice de Gheest is not held at the Curragh so Art Power must be taken on at short odds. Gone with Spycatcher who has form at the track and I think 6 1/2 is absolutely ideal for him. I backed Rohaan in this last year where he was very poorly ridden and I'll keep an eye on his pmu - if it's around the 20 mark I'll have a little on him also.

The Maurice de Gheest is not held at the Curragh so Art Power must be taken on at short odds.

He also won on his only trip to Naas so maybe he just likes travelling. He hasn't raced in France before so the price might be about whether he likes heading in the other direction. If he does it's hard to see him not winning.

**** my life again. 9/2 I got about the Burke horse, backed into favouritism and quite right. I looked at the **** who won the race but his win the last day looked a massive outlier and honestly Garrus has never been a 7f horse so I kind of discounted him. I'm so sick of this.

Great Max 4.08C
9/1 Sky (early)

Very disappointing. I expected it to lead from stall 1.in the Buckingham palace he led the far side all the way but no match for the near side.i was a bit worried about the extra half a furlong.but he will come down a couple of lb and as you know I have patience.
His time will come.

**** my life again. 9/2 I got about the Burke horse, backed into favouritism and quite right. I looked at the **** who won the race but his win the last day looked a massive outlier and honestly Garrus has never been a 7f horse so I kind of discounted him. I'm so sick of this.

Don’t be so despondent, Euro, I wonder who said this: “ I'm a sucker for a Haggas handicapper and I liked the way Nathanael Greene finished his race at Ascot on Saturday and I think like last year at Haydock when he beat the Leger third over 1m6 he will only come into his own when unleashed over that sort of trip.”

Tried over long trips a couple of times since and ran well. Tonight at Haydock maybe the time. Big negative, though, that he might not fancy heavy going. So no strong expectation, but when Haggas takes note of one of our own and sends him on extremes…………..

Very disappointing. I expected it to lead from stall 1.in the Buckingham palace he led the far side all the way but no match for the near side.i was a bit worried about the extra half a furlong.but he will come down a couple of lb and as you know I have patience.
His time will come.
Afraid I dont't have the patience.
Draw,ground,class,everything in his favour and still ran a stinker.
On balance, I'd guess he hasn't got over Ascot.

Don’t be so despondent, Euro, I wonder who said this: “ I'm a sucker for a Haggas handicapper and I liked the way Nathanael Greene finished his race at Ascot on Saturday and I think like last year at Haydock when he beat the Leger third over 1m6 he will only come into his own when unleashed over that sort of trip.”

Tried over long trips a couple of times since and ran well. Tonight at Haydock maybe the time. Big negative, though, that he might not fancy heavy going. So no strong expectation, but when Haggas takes note of one of our own and sends him on extremes…………..
Might be onto spmething there,BJ.
He's already won at the track,and handles soft.
Had a dip (I'm a Haggas sucker,too).:)

Backed Dasho Lennie at Newbury tomorrow. He comes from the Maasai Mara/Westerton race at Ascot and after that he had an impossible task against Fairbanks at Leicester. Fairbanks is likely a mid 90s colt who was off 74 that day. Dasho Lennie plugged on well for second though and this should be between the Stoute/Prescott 3yos and the selection. Fox Journey is respected but maybe a tad short based on the Pontefract run and you can never count out a Prescott horse even though Brave Knight was behind Dasho at Leicester.

Dasho Lennie runs tomorrow at Ripon and was third in the race above. He was held up sort of mid pack with Fox Journey and when they made their moves in the straight Dasho's jockey went wide and FJ's gambled at possible trouble in running and went inside. That paid off for him but Dasho's finishing effort was solid and the winner franked the form last week at Goodwood. Solid bet in a weaker race tomorrow.

Back