What are you backing Today? Part 2

RE deserved due consideration but I didn't back it. I missed the price on Struth after saying I'd be backing it so was slightly relieved it didn't win. Not too bad a race for the figures.

I must have watched that Yarmouth race half a dozen times trying to justify backing Regal Empire over Like a Tiger and I couldn't do it, couldn't get the Craven meeting race out of my mind. And then the Scampi race sort of franked the form via the Yarmouth winner and I was feeling confident only for Regal to win. That was devastating. Might have been the low point of the season but then Heredia won and ended up a little but up on the day.

In the JLM I've taken Triple Time (9/2) to confirm the Queen Anne form form with Inspiral. Dutching them at 2/1 actually looks better than fair, I reckon. I can't fancy anything to beat them.

In the JLM I've taken Triple Time (9/2) to confirm the Queen Anne form form with Inspiral. Dutching them at 2/1 actually looks better than fair, I reckon. I can't fancy anything to beat them.

I saw sense and went for the dutch, thankfully.

I've only just watched the race and I have to say I was worried through the first half but the filly was dynamite in the final quarter mile. Made Frankie look good! How she loses races I don't know.

AL HAAN 700K 10/1 might have to wait until it goes hcapping but 10/1 is worth a go.
Ran at newmarket and Windsor and now kempton.

Last time at windsor it got hampered about 4 times.

Khisah bu thaila 335y 5/1 caught my eye last time.but again might be better when hcapping.

Racing league Thursday Windsor.
Not one of my favourite tracks but

METAL MERCHANT 700 9/1 is worth an interest .
Very unlucky last time.

That's a good race. I'm gonna go against your pick with Metabolt. He's a course and distance winner who was very eye catching at Haydock his penultimate start. He then went to Galway but on a really stiff track and a bad draw he was never competitive and I'm ignoring that run.

Racing league Thursday Windsor.
Not one of my favourite tracks but

METAL MERCHANT 700 9/1 is worth an interest .
Very unlucky last time.

Not a great fan of the Racing League thing, but there is one at Windsor tomorrow - 6:30 - that I’ve been waiting for:

Man of Eden has been running well and consistently, but is becoming something of a nearly horse. That said, he was really unlucky at Goodwood last time when third behind NOVUS where he was caught up in a scrum some two furlongs out and repeatedly hampered. Once he’d extricated himself he finished strongly, pretty much fastest of all in the last furlong bar the winner. On the negative side it’s not certain he’ll appreciate firmish going - if that’s what it is - and he might start feeling the effects of a lot of racing. Trevor Whelan up is not an advantage either.

It's amazing that horse hasn't won a handicap this year. I backed him up to and including the Newmarket run whereupon I removed him from my alerts but that was a race where he was poorly ridden, you just cannot come from too far off the pace on the July course this season. His subsequent effort at Haydock again held up at a pace track was a bit ho hum (don't know why he was stepped back to 7) but Bajan Bandit just in behind him that day absolutely sluiced up after at York (the second in that race, Craven, is worth a bet at Beverley today) and yes Bar, he was unlucky at Goodwood. Good luck, I might put him in a multi or two with some Saturday horses after decs tomorrow.

AL HAAN 700K 10/1 might have to wait until it goes hcapping but 10/1 is worth a go.
Ran at newmarket and Windsor and now kempton.

Last time at windsor it got hampered about 4 times.

Khisah bu thaila 335y 5/1 caught my eye last time.but again might be better when hcapping.

Both finished 4th 14/1 and 16/1

Kalamunda 3.40 Salis On the drift and currently 11-2. I think Joseph Parr may have cleverly engineered a mark that puts him in a Class 6 handicap. Would have had zero win prospects either start so far this year, a Windsor C2 novice and a Newmarket C4.

Tom Marquand up, 4 from 11 for the yard, with 3 of the other runs 2nd or 3rd. Joseph Parr 1 from 1 at Salisbury (don't know who that was, or in what type of race). Evidence suggest they mean to win.

Obviously not one to go wild on. But opposition looks mainly exposed, perhaps with the exception of Eve Johnson Houghton's (but this will be the first run for her, previously with George Margarson).

Suspect the Parr yard will be heavily disappointed in any non-prominent performance here.

Bits of 10 and 11 on BF look sorely tempting.

Just need Kalamunda himself to agree he's better than shown, and prove it!

Zoulu just did exactly what he did at Newbury back in May. Made all and hammered them.

First race of the night at Windsor, and only 6f...but it's possible that front runners will have some advantages. Worth watching the next few races...mainly as a pointer to the chances of Maries Diamond in the 8.00. Currently bits of high 30s on BF. Fair chance he'll go off front rank and the race at York in May suggests he'd have the ability to stay there, at least until close home.

**Actually, it's not wise to believe in omens. But I just remembered...the day that Zoulu won in the 100s was the same day that Maries just got touched off at York. My double that day would have been one to remember for a long time. Doing the double never occurred to me today, but can history repeat??

Last edited:
Zoulu just did exactly what he did at Newbury back in May. Made all and hammered them.

First race of the night at Windsor, and only 6f...but it's possible that front runners will have some advantages. Worth watching the next few races...mainly as a pointer to the chances of Maries Diamond in the 8.00. Currently bits of high 30s on BF. Fair chance he'll go off front rank and the race at York in May suggests he'd have the ability to stay there, at least until close home.

I've just took a 27 ew .I'd rather it be a mile though.

Back