What are you backing Today? Part 2

Well that didn't go to plan with Pons Aelius. Nevermind.

I've tryed four shorties in a yankee and four fold accumulator tomorrow.

Bangor 5.05 I backed Al Zaraqaan in the Chester Cup as a long shot where he ran well for a long way. He's since been over fences where he has been a bit of a revelation. I hope he can win again tomorrow.

7.00 I thought Gifted Angel would win at some point on the flat. Only a young horse and seems to have got the hang of hurdling well for trainer Tom Dascombe. Gifted Angel now goes for a handicap hurdle and looks well treated to me.

Lingfield 5.45 I'm taking a bit of a chance here with Girl Magic who I thought would be favourite.

6.20 I backed Topo Chico last week where it seemed like she landed a bit of a gamble. I liked the form then and still do now, so have included her in my yankee and acca tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Blinkers off (which appear to have contributed to him going off too fast last week) and p back on. So, was the blinkers ploy deliberate last week???

I think the overall context of this race looks tougher, but current 12-1 would seem to offset that to a point.

At a wild guess, I'll say the real target (s) is/are yet to come. York, maybe. Not to say he won't win today, ofc.

Zozimus. 100/1 Cambridgeshire but probably needs a penalty to get in.

In case long-standing (you might say long-suffering) followers don't know, our old friend Faylaq goes in the Lanark Silver Bell at 6.55.

I suspect the ground isn't quite soft enough...the odds aren't big enough for me with that doubt...and Geremia is shouting likely stable choice to win it...but it would be fitting for Faylaq to finally get his day.

PS Both were entered up for the Ebor, this is their consolation.

Edit Actually, looking at the 6.20, there appears to be a little give. It might just be enough, but still 15 BF is the best available. Doesn't look enough.

**edit Yet another nice run, just didn't have enough to get to the leader but most others well beaten off and couldn't sustain the run in the final half furlong. One day it'll be his day. You'd have to think he'll need it to be further than 12f at Class 2 level, though.

Last edited:
Well done Absurde and Frankie backers!

Adjuvant too keen once again and they still haven't put on headgear or tried a tongue tie. He's looking like one big dodgepot. I'll back him again when he starts 20/1 or bigger with headgear on.

Looks a satisfactory result with Sweet William and the top weight Live Your Dream second and third.

Last edited:
Alhambra Palace - 2.25 York 8/1 Ew

Absurde 3.35 York 9/1 Ew

Albasheer - 4.10 York 20/1 Ew

Blogged :)

Nice one wih Absurde. Good luck with Albasheer. You've got the value at 20/1 aswell.

Mums Tipple to blast them away from the front I hope.

Last edited:
Back