What are you backing Today? Part 2

Southwell

7.45 Natchez Trace (E/W) is too big a price here. His Southwell record reads 121, he's 3/8 on the all weather which is a good record, and he's now on his last winning mark, which was also at Southwell.

It seems a shame he is often too keen in his races, as he could be a better horse than what he's been able to show. That said, he wasn't beaten that far the last day and can go well again at the track he loves Southwell.

Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Ha no worries, Reet. Looks a hot little race for Southwell. Be pleased if mine manages to place at the price he is.

Ha no worries, Reet. Looks a hot little race for Southwell. Be pleased if mine manages to place at the price he is.

Mine now as short as 10/1 with some firms, (still 16s with Bet 365), from a high of 33s last night.

So he's not without hope. Good luck to both of us!

I said after York - “To think I was worried that Dragon Leader might get found out jumping up to a Class2 race from his earlier Class4 wins. He was mighty impressive, smashing the opposition and he looks as though he can take another jump in Class quite comfortably. Could be very good indeed.”. Now here he is again tomorrow - Doncaster 2:25 - and my only worry is that he has never run with soft in the description. Only second favourite atm @ 9/4 and although the favourite Johannes Brahms is a class act he has to give Dragon Leader 10 lbs. I’ll be worried by a drift.

Anyone have any ideas on The Portland on Saturday?

I like Badri. He has a turn of foot, but after Goodwood I am not sure about him on anything worse than good-to-soft. I do think the five and a half furlong trip might be ideal though.

I am probably getting emotionally attached to Badri, which is also known in this trade as following a 'cliff horse'.

There's a cliff not too far from me... So I won't be betting too much on Badri, more of a sporting bet, but I'd be interested in who our forumites think are the main contenders.

Last edited:
I might be done with the Flat this season. El Jasor's run there in the 4.45 has finished me off. Trip and ground perfect, his Newbury form was franked by Valsad last night. I got 5s when prices opened, his SP was 3s and what did I get, **** all. Just faded and found nothing. I thought he was a lay up.

I sympathise Euro.
Having watched Dettori feather duster Sea Stone (putative Dubai World Cup hope) into 3rd place in a steadily run,tinpot Southwell h'cap - which the horse was clearly 2 or more classes above - speaks volumes for the way the punter is cast aside, by the media and the authorities,when such occurecences are blatantly swept under the carpet.

Tactical - 4.45 Doncaster 10/1 Ew

Peony - Sandown 5.00 4/1 Ew

Barbaha Queen - 6.30 Ballinrobe 14/1 Ew

Blogged :)

Back